Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FrugalShaz
    • By FrugalShaz 9th Nov 18, 4:19 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 9Thanks
    FrugalShaz
    Valuation on House....
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:19 PM
    Valuation on House.... 9th Nov 18 at 4:19 PM
    We have decided to remortgage with another lender to consolidate some debts. We have been approved for the mortgage subject to wage slips (which are absolutely fine) and valuation of the house. We were asked what asked what the value of our property was.... based on Zoopla our house is worth 202k, we said realistically it was 185,000 (we paid 170,000 11 years ago). When we remortgaged with our current provider 3 years ago we were told according to them our house was worth 180,000. Also, Nationwide house price tool says 192,000. We are not planning on moving, this is our forever home. We have to wait for an independent valuation to be done. I'm just really worried that the valuation will come back very low.....I going to feel rather stressed for the next few weeks, the valuation is being done next Friday.

Any advice or tips to get me through this stressful time
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 9th Nov 18, 4:51 PM
    • 61,104 Posts
    • 54,324 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:51 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:51 PM
    Why would the valuation come back low. You can look on Rightmove to gauge selling prices in your locality. To see if you are in the right ball park. Surveyor is going to value. Not pick holes in your decor or kitchen.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Kim.wigley
    • By Kim.wigley 10th Nov 18, 8:42 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Kim.wigley
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:42 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:42 AM
    We tried to sell our house - marketed at 170, 2 x offers accepted at 160 (both fell through for different reasons unrelated to mortgage). One was a cash buyer so less relevant, the other had their mortgage approved at 160. We’ve now remortgaged and they’ve valued at 145. It doesn’t impact what we need so I haven’t tried to appeal it but I was really surprised.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,076Posts Today

6,702Users online

Martin's Twitter