Valuation on House....

Options
We have decided to remortgage with another lender to consolidate some debts. We have been approved for the mortgage subject to wage slips (which are absolutely fine) and valuation of the house. We were asked what asked what the value of our property was.... based on Zoopla our house is worth £202k, we said realistically it was £185,000 (we paid £170,000 11 years ago). When we remortgaged with our current provider 3 years ago we were told according to them our house was worth £180,000. Also, Nationwide house price tool says £192,000. We are not planning on moving, this is our forever home. We have to wait for an independent valuation to be done. I'm just really worried that the valuation will come back very low.....I going to feel rather stressed for the next few weeks, the valuation is being done next Friday.

Any advice or tips to get me through this stressful time :(

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would the valuation come back low. You can look on Rightmove to gauge selling prices in your locality. To see if you are in the right ball park. Surveyor is going to value. Not pick holes in your decor or kitchen.
  • Kim.wigley
    Options
    We tried to sell our house - marketed at 170, 2 x offers accepted at 160 (both fell through for different reasons unrelated to mortgage). One was a cash buyer so less relevant, the other had their mortgage approved at 160. We’ve now remortgaged and they’ve valued at 145. It doesn’t impact what we need so I haven’t tried to appeal it but I was really surprised.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure