Micro entity ltd company. Spreadsheet needee

Options
Hi all does anyone have an excel sheet that would suit a micro entity ltd business.

Also when doing first years returns do i take the figures from this spread sheet and submit online using the gov gateway?
Or do you actually have to upload the excel file ??

Thank you.

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :eek:
    do you understand how to prepare a balance sheet and statutory accounts?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/life-of-a-company-annual-requirements
  • ergot2005
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    :eek:
    do you understand how to prepare a balance sheet and statutory accounts?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/life-of-a-company-annual-requirements

Nope not a clue. That's why I'm asking questions in good time to learn at least the basics. I'm.sure we all started nieve but what separates the stupid is those to seek information to learn and stay legal
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    then you need to pay a professional to do it for you instead of failing to learn how to do it for free
    It takes a minimum of 3 years to qualify as a "professional" accountant...
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm not aware of any spreadsheet solution for preparing accounts for a UK Limited Company. Most companies will use an accounting package, e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, FreshBooks etc. and the services of an accountant.

You do not want to fall foul of the law, so I would recommend that you find a good local accountant, and use the accounting package they recommend.

You probably need to run a payroll as well, and your accountant will be able to help with a solution for this also. (Mine used to charge £25 plus £1 per employee for micro enterprises).
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure