Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A4anxious
    • By A4anxious 14th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    A4anxious
    Advice required for cooporating with HMRC field force debt
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:08 PM
    Advice required for cooporating with HMRC field force debt 14th Sep 18 at 9:08 PM
    Hello all.

Long story short: In the last three weeks I have had a letter from HMRC reminding me of an unpaid debt for 8k. I knew this was coming and have been saving with the intention of paying as much as I could. I then had a phone call and made payments of 6.5k to whom I believed to be HMRC officers. WRONG! I was a scam victim. I made push payments to fraudsters and as such am unlikely to recover any of the money I have lost.

To make matters worse. Today I have received a letter from 'Force Field' demanding immediate payment of the (still unpaid) 8k debt. Now, I did notify HMRC, along with the police and Action Fraud regards the fraud. I have crime numbers and such.

I would like some advice please, on how to approach the Force Field officers, and what are my options regards offering an upfront payment, followed by weekly/monthly amounts?

I simply can not pay the complete debt atm. All the money I had was transfered to the fraudsters, I literally emptied every penny I had to them.

I have worked like a dog since and managed to get my account back to 1k. Which I can offer to Field Force right away. I could realistically offer them say 150 a week. Maybe more, but it depends on business volume. I am self employed and as such can only earn as much as the jobs I get allow me.

What's worrying me the most: Them taking my van, which would in turn lose me any opportunity to earn money and make any future payments.

I can pay the debt if they allow me ectra time (remember, I did pay 6.5k to the fraudsters), I have a good business. I was sloppy in the past and burried my head in the sand, that's how I got into this position. I have turned a corner since and WANT to pay the debt, and if they allow me a reasonable opprtunity (time) I will be able to.

Uh. My head is spinning! Since I got scammed I have been on edge. I feel so stupid for being scammed, shakey and on the verge of panic attacks - the breathing thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read through my problem.

Love & light.
    Last edited by A4anxious; 15-09-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Page 1
    • Working Mum
    • By Working Mum 14th Sep 18, 9:34 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,054 Thanks
    Working Mum
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:34 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:34 PM
    I had a visit from the HMRC 2 days after my husband left advising i.owed 36k so I know how you feel.
    Tell the HMRC that the van is on a lease - I came clean with the guy who visited and he was very supportive within the co fines if his timescales.
    So be honest I them,show the proof of what has happened.
    Are you a Limited Company and what is the amount owed for ie Corp tax or personal tax or vat?
    You have more time than you think if things do escalate - get the correct bank details and keep chipping away would be my advice.
    PM me if you wish and I can share a little more about what happened with me.
    You can get back up straight but.you need to be determined!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,162Posts Today

9,583Users online

Martin's Twitter