The security watchdog pre employment

Options
Hi there, I have recently accepted a job and the security watchdog are doing my pre employment checks. They are still to send me the email regarding the checks, it would be great to hear from someone if they have ever had to Give informaion to them? They also have a financial probity check does this include looking at defaults? I don’t have any ccjs, Iva’s or bankrucpys but I have a lot of bad repayment history so worried it will go against me. Would be great to know if I’m wasting my time continuing with the employment process.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    See https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73887121 (probably going to be the most help to you!)

Even on their own website they say Financial Probity check ("credit check")

I've just done mine, though not with same 'screening company' I did notice the offering option for SAR'ing on the application as pretty good and it would seem it isn't just the credit report but 'CV lies' though I don't know where misguided advice on the CV starts now. Well there was no way to dodge the employment gaps over what payment did you last default on so I wouldn't worry if I was you. I am mystified as what happens if someone is on benefits/unemployed etc as there seemed no way to get the information over if that was ever the scenario and doesn't seem right.

The link took around 3 days to arrive. I wouldn't see it as a waste of time. Get over any embarrassment, least you will know one way or other?
  • Sk1989
    Sk1989 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, did your employment screening ask to give information of any defaults or did they check for them when doing finacial probity check on you?
  • DebbieTheRabbit
    Options
    I dealt with The Security Watchdog when I started my last job with Crapita. They were very Pedantic and wanted proof of what I'd done for the past five years down to the day. If there was a week or two between one job finishing and another starting I had to prove what I was doing.

The financial probity check is just CCJ's and bankruptcy. Defaults, missed/late payments and your actual credit score didn't matter.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There website sounds awful.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My last employer used them for pre-employment checks. I'm aware of applicants being declined because of CV 'discrepancies' and others dismissed for not revealing prior convictions. It was considered more a breach of trust than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure