Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Minda74
    • By Minda74 9th Aug 18, 8:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Minda74
    Prince2 E-learning
    • 9th Aug 18, 8:57 PM
    Prince2 E-learning 9th Aug 18 at 8:57 PM
    Hi All,

Presently reading Prince2 study guide by David Hinde, I'm also thinking of doing a QA online course to do the foundation and practitioner exam. I wanted to know if anyone has used online training from QA and was it worth it?
Page 1
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 10th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 4,124 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    I don't know who QA are but what sort of job are looking to do with the qualification? My experience is that PRINCE2 has got out of fashion in many industries in favour of more agile methodologies but it still lingers around in the public sector.
    • marlot
    • By marlot 10th Aug 18, 11:17 AM
    • 3,725 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    marlot
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:17 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:17 AM
    QA are one of the biggest training providers in the IT world. I've not done any of their online training though.

But as said, unless its a specific requirement for a job, it may have limited use.
    • prowla
    • By prowla 10th Aug 18, 11:29 AM
    • 10,109 Posts
    • 8,342 Thanks
    prowla
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:29 AM
    • 10th Aug 18, 11:29 AM
    QA have been around for a long time, so I would expect their offerings to be to the required standard, but I can't comment on this particular offering.

When I did my PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner courses & exams, I did them in a classroom setting and found that very beneficial. (Fortunately, I didn't pay for them!)
    • Minda74
    • By Minda74 11th Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Minda74
    • 11th Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 7:56 PM
    Hi all, its a requirement for my job, they have asked me to put a business case forward, i have been told that they will ask me to do my certificate with e-careers. Which I'm not sure about? I have decided to do the course myself. I'm struggling with is to do the course and exam online or do blended (Foundation on-line and Practitioner in a classroom) There is 400 difference if I do it on-line than partial online and classroom? I have heard that the practitioner exam is tough.
    Last edited by Minda74; 11-08-2018 at 8:17 PM. Reason: typo
    • Timpu
    • By Timpu 11th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    Timpu
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 8:34 PM
    Post #5: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5812853
    • jonnygee2
    • By jonnygee2 14th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    jonnygee2
    • 14th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    its a requirement for my job, they have asked me to put a business case forward
    That's going to be a very short business case, surely? 'The business justification for me doing this course is that you made it a requirement!'.

As others have said, Prince2 is very outdated and the methodolgy/learnings are unlikely to be useful in most business environments. It is used in the public sector, though, and still in some companies (apparently, including yours).

E-learning vs classroom just depends on your learning style. I prefer classroom learning myself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

443Posts Today

3,431Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin