Still not received the contract from our sellers yet getting slightly worried.

Options
Hello,
After two weeks of being stuck with underwriters we have finally had mortgage approved and amount we needed and valuation has come back fine.
Trouble is our sellers solicitor has still not sent copy of the contract yet our solicitor has written to them again today. There is no chain involved the property we buying so not sure what the hold up is. Apparently they had a nasty split divorced and don't speak to each other.
What worries me is our buyer side of things is going through swiftly, are we about to become homeless?
The bank said they will contact our solicitor with the mortgage offer we where approved for just this Friday.
Maybe that is what our buyer is waiting for?please help. I am getting worried now.

Comments

• middleclassbutpoor
    Options
    Not a lot you ca do other than let the solicitors keep chasing.

It could be requiring signatures at their end which aren't forthcoming.

You just have to be patient and trust the process. If there are going to be issues, it will be outside of your control, which I know doesn't give you much peace of mind.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sib2018 wrote: »
    Hello,
    After two weeks of being stuck with underwriters we have finally had mortgage approved and amount we needed and valuation has come back fine.
    Trouble is our sellers solicitor has still not sent copy of the contract yet our solicitor has written to them again today. There is no chain involved the property we buying so not sure what the hold up is. Apparently they had a nasty split divorced and don't speak to each other.

Well there's a clue maybe?

What worries me is our buyer side of things is going through swiftly, are we about to become homeless?
    No, they will have to wait, the sell and buy will coincide (unless you are like the idjut in another recent thread who split their sale and buy into two)

The bank said they will contact our solicitor with the mortgage offer we where approved for just this Friday.
    Maybe that is what our buyer is waiting for?please help. I am getting worried now.

You are expecting too much too soon if your mortgage was only agreed one working day ago.
  • Sib2018
    Sib2018 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I think I will just get on with giving the loft a clear out and carry on packing to keep focused.
  • Sib2018
    Options
    Is this normal as I am getting conflicting info, some saying mortgage offer has to be accepted by the bank before seller solicitor would release the contract pack?
    But our solicitor has chased the sellers solicitor again, first time was before we where given a mortgage offer.
    Just seems a worrying that it is taking another letter from our solicitor to chase for the contract pack. I would not mind but there is no chain involved for our seller.
    Has anyone had this kind of experience in regards to the contract pack?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When was your mortgage offer made?
  • Sib2018
    Options
    Friday just gone.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps they were waiting for the mortgage offer to be confirmed. Before taking any action. Monday seems to be rather quick to start chasing. If it was only last Friday.
  • Sib2018
    Options
    Just had update turns out one of the buyers has still not submitted their side of paperwork to solicitors. Estate agent is chasing them, very frustrating so far.
  • Sib2018
    Options
    Sellers I mean.
  • Sib2018
    Options
    Has anyone been in this kind of situation, paperwork slow due to one of the sellers?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure