Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 6th Aug 18, 8:53 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 23Thanks
    Sib2018
    Still not received the contract from our sellers yet getting slightly worried.
    • 6th Aug 18, 8:53 PM
    Still not received the contract from our sellers yet getting slightly worried. 6th Aug 18 at 8:53 PM
    Hello,
    After two weeks of being stuck with underwriters we have finally had mortgage approved and amount we needed and valuation has come back fine.
    Trouble is our sellers solicitor has still not sent copy of the contract yet our solicitor has written to them again today. There is no chain involved the property we buying so not sure what the hold up is. Apparently they had a nasty split divorced and don't speak to each other.
    What worries me is our buyer side of things is going through swiftly, are we about to become homeless?
    The bank said they will contact our solicitor with the mortgage offer we where approved for just this Friday.
    Maybe that is what our buyer is waiting for?please help. I am getting worried now.
Page 1
    • middleclassbutpoor
    • By middleclassbutpoor 6th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    • 416 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    middleclassbutpoor
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:20 PM
    Not a lot you ca do other than let the solicitors keep chasing.

It could be requiring signatures at their end which aren't forthcoming.

You just have to be patient and trust the process. If there are going to be issues, it will be outside of your control, which I know doesn't give you much peace of mind.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 6th Aug 18, 10:55 PM
    • 11,885 Posts
    • 13,854 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:55 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 10:55 PM
    Hello,
    After two weeks of being stuck with underwriters we have finally had mortgage approved and amount we needed and valuation has come back fine.
    Trouble is our sellers solicitor has still not sent copy of the contract yet our solicitor has written to them again today. There is no chain involved the property we buying so not sure what the hold up is. Apparently they had a nasty split divorced and don't speak to each other.

Well there's a clue maybe?

What worries me is our buyer side of things is going through swiftly, are we about to become homeless?
    No, they will have to wait, the sell and buy will coincide (unless you are like the idjut in another recent thread who split their sale and buy into two)

The bank said they will contact our solicitor with the mortgage offer we where approved for just this Friday.
    Maybe that is what our buyer is waiting for?please help. I am getting worried now.
    Originally posted by Sib2018

You are expecting too much too soon if your mortgage was only agreed one working day ago.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 6th Aug 18, 11:21 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:21 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 11:21 PM
    I think I will just get on with giving the loft a clear out and carry on packing to keep focused.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 8th Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    Is this normal as I am getting conflicting info, some saying mortgage offer has to be accepted by the bank before seller solicitor would release the contract pack?
    But our solicitor has chased the sellers solicitor again, first time was before we where given a mortgage offer.
    Just seems a worrying that it is taking another letter from our solicitor to chase for the contract pack. I would not mind but there is no chain involved for our seller.
    Has anyone had this kind of experience in regards to the contract pack?
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 8th Aug 18, 9:08 PM
    • 61,361 Posts
    • 54,610 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:08 PM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:08 PM
    When was your mortgage offer made?
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 9th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:30 AM
    Friday just gone.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 9th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 61,361 Posts
    • 54,610 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 9th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    Perhaps they were waiting for the mortgage offer to be confirmed. Before taking any action. Monday seems to be rather quick to start chasing. If it was only last Friday.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 9th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    • 9th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    Just had update turns out one of the buyers has still not submitted their side of paperwork to solicitors. Estate agent is chasing them, very frustrating so far.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 9th Aug 18, 6:52 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    Sellers I mean.
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 10th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    Has anyone been in this kind of situation, paperwork slow due to one of the sellers?
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 10th Aug 18, 4:32 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    If no paperwork received by end of next week will prob suggest looking at pulling out of the sale.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 10th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 61,361 Posts
    • 54,610 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    Property transactions are far from instanteous. Your expectations are too high. Given the time that has elapsed.
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 10th Aug 18, 5:43 PM
    • 740 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    If no paperwork received by end of next week will prob suggest looking at pulling out of the sale.
    Originally posted by Sib2018
    Why pull out? House purchases take a long time!

We completed on our house last Friday (3rd August). We saw the house on 3rd May and made an offer on the 4th May. That's pretty much exactly 3 months from offer to completion.

How long has it been already? I wouldn't expect a house purchase to be done quickly.

If you pull out, you'll lose all the fees you've paid so far and back to square one, with perhaps another 3 month wait after finding a new house and submitting a new mortgage application. This would more than like cause your buyer to pull out due to the long wait!
    • Sib2018
    • By Sib2018 22nd Aug 18, 9:29 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sib2018
    I was panicking a bit too much sorry about that. We been informed by solicitor should be exchanging contracts within 3 weeks. But there may be an issue maybe not, have received the fixtures n fitting and property paperwork.
    Within this states tree to be removed on the property I assume the seller has recived instruction to remove it. But who's responsible for this us or the seller before we move. Would the cost be took from thr monies when they sell?
    Please help as I don't won't god's plant life to affect things.
    • jennhg88
    • By jennhg88 22nd Aug 18, 10:32 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    jennhg88
    You need to ask for more detail. Do they want to take the tree with them? Or what has led them to put down the tree to be removed? Ask your solicitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,884Posts Today

7,825Users online

Martin's Twitter