Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Walker
    • By The Walker 3rd Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    • 116Posts
    • 1,177Thanks
    The Walker
    0 WOW
    Music player app that only scans one folder?
    • 3rd Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Music player app that only scans one folder? 3rd Aug 18 at 9:41 PM
    Music dudes.... I'm sure a lot of you have music on your phone? I'm trying to find a player app that doesn't scan my entire phone and load every tiny audio file into the player. It just messes up the player with nonsense files that don't belong to any album or aren't even music.

I've looked around a bit, but it's going to take forever trying different apps. Can anyone recommend an app that only looks at a specific music folder?

thanks
Page 1
    • Robm1955
    • By Robm1955 12th Aug 18, 4:41 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Robm1955
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:41 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 4:41 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Everyone I've tried finds everything on my phone, and some even search for songs online, which I don't want. I keep all my music in one place, and in subfolders of artist, and album name, if there is one.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 3rd Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 1,256 Thanks
    bxboards
    • 3rd Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    • 3rd Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    You'd assume looking just in a directory you specified would be a standard use case, and searching everywhere for everthing would be something a user would opt-into, not the other way round!
    • Freebyman
    • By Freebyman 9th Sep 18, 8:57 AM
    • 576 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Freebyman
    • 9th Sep 18, 8:57 AM
    • 9th Sep 18, 8:57 AM
    If its any use I use Musicolet Music Player and it works well for me. Worth a try and its free.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevardís white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
    • SplashWellyKid
    • By SplashWellyKid 13th Oct 18, 9:42 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    SplashWellyKid
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:42 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:42 PM
    Thanks Freebyman - I had a previous simple mp3 player app that did this perfectly & missed it on my new phone (using Google Play Music offline, which keeps losing my playlists). Musicolet seems lovely from a quick play!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

31Posts Today

3,693Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin