Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 2nd Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    • 366Posts
    • 132Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    B&Q to close over-60s' discount card to new applicants - and it'll cover fewer products - MSE News
    • 2nd Aug 18, 4:58 PM
    0 WOW
    B&Q to close over-60s' discount card to new applicants - and it'll cover fewer products - MSE News 2nd Aug 18 at 4:58 PM
    B&Q will no longer accept new members for its over-60s' Diamond card discount scheme from Monday 3 September...
    Read the full story:
    'B&Q to close over-60s' discount card to new applicants - and it'll cover fewer products'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 08-08-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 2nd Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 6,785 Posts
    • 19,657 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    • 2nd Aug 18, 5:14 PM
    Leaving aside the amendment of 'less' to 'fewer' in the headline (OK, I'm a grammar pedant), this is probably the end of the limited relationship between this family and B&Q.

The 10% across the board on Wednesdays was the only thing that kept any semblance of price competition going against Amazon and the other online sellers.

Now that's gone (gardening products apart) I doubt I'll ever be seen inside a B&Q again. It was never a joyful experience, so I don't think we'll miss it.

I strongly suspect this will cost them a lot more than they will save.
    • djt12488
    • By djt12488 7th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    djt12488
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    B&Q ditch Diamond Club 10% Wednesday discount to over 60's
    • 7th Aug 18, 2:30 PM
    Its a pity but B&Q have been expensive anyway for a long time.

I have not seen the advertised price reductions in store and I don't expect I will as I wont be back after 3/9/18.

In fact many of the same items are available at Screwfix (owned by B&Q) at better prices 7 days a week - and more locally available than B&Q stores - which is where I will be going from next month.

David
    • eglington
    • By eglington 8th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    eglington
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 7:57 AM
    So again the pensioner has to suffer. Being on minimum pension as are many others, we again have our !!!8220;perks!!!8221;removed by greedy companies. You helped me out quite a few times, but now i too will shop elsewhere. Im not interested in your garden stuff, i want my discounts on paint and wallpaper etc - you will be losing my custom too, and the pensioners pound is a strong one, hate to see B & Q go under!!
    • RED KEN
    • By RED KEN 14th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    RED KEN
    • 14th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 8:45 PM
    Toolstation even better value than Screwfix .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,755Posts Today

8,532Users online

Martin's Twitter