wanted Washing machine 9/10kg 1400 spin

Hi

I'm after a new washing machine, I wash lots of bed linen from holiday caravans and would like to up grade my current Hotpoint Aquaries thats about 10 years old and is a 6kg one, 1400 spin.

I would like a bigger one to cut down the amount of loads i do but it must a quick wash time, some are 3/4 hours and I just done have that sort of timescale. My current one will do a full load in about 30-45 mins. I can do sometimes 10 loads a day on changeover days.

I like the idea of a Samsung or LG but totally open to others. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It is worth looking at what options you've got on anything you like the look of: mine will do a 40 deg load of cottons in anything from an hour to four hours, depending on which programme I select and then which buttons I press. needless to say, that's the combination I use most often!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 July 2018 at 10:19AM
    10 loads a day, you should be looking at a commercial machine. The budget machines are designed with as little as 500 cycles lifespan. I'm amazed your Hotpoint has done ten years.
    Failing that, I'd suggest a Miele, as they're one of the few remaining brands where the bearings can still be changed without replacing the entire drum.
    The direct drive machines such as LG are just marketing hype, they offer no real advantages over belt drive, and the drive wheel weight just leads to faster bearing wear.
    Miele are expensive, but presumably you can offset this as a business expense?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Miele are the ones in my housing association over 55 flats, we have 2 on a rota system for 39 flats so are always on the go.
  • cullet
    cullet Posts: 129 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Which best buy Samsung WW80J6410CX
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Love my Samsung ecobubble. Hasnt been the cheapest ive had but is definitely the best. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure