Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andrewsummers
    • By andrewsummers 13th Jul 18, 10:46 AM
    • 331Posts
    • 468Thanks
    andrewsummers
    Alternatives to Swagbucks
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:46 AM
    Alternatives to Swagbucks 13th Jul 18 at 10:46 AM
    Hello I am starting a new thread because I didn't want to clog up the Swagbucks topic. The new app limit for me is possbly the last draw for me and I'm getting sick of them making it harder to earn money from them so I am looking for alternatives. What do you guys think of these websites and are there any others worth looking at:

Gifthulk
    TimeBucks
    Grabpoints
    instagc

Thank you
Page 1
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 13th Jul 18, 10:53 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:53 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:53 AM
    I've not tried any of those sites so cant comment on those, but I'm also now done with swagbucks. They have been slicing off earning opportunities for ages now but usually just a little bit at a time here and there, but this slashing of earnings on the apps is too much it's not worth the memory space on my phone for 4 sb a day. I'll get enough to use the sb I have on one last gift card then I'm out.
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 13th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    • 1,557 Posts
    • 1,559 Thanks
    Lungboy
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    • 13th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    I like Prolific. It tends to give studies in drips but they sometimes pay very well and are usually a bit different and interesting.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 13th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    MLE007
    • 13th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    Branded Surveys - used to be called Mintvine if you like doing offers as well as surveys, they also have a daily poll that pays some points, also pays DQ points on some surveys. It's a slower one than swagbucks but OK. Totally agree that SB has gone downhill recently.
    2018 in 2018 3123.82

2017 in 2017 4727.33
    • cs1986
    • By cs1986 13th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    cs1986
    • 13th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    I can only comment on InstaGC but I like it more than Swagbucks. I probably earn twice as much on InstaGC as I do on Swagbucks.

InstaGC also pays me to paypal instantly whereas SB takes around 4 days for payment to appear in my account.
    Make 2018 in 2018 Challenge:
    536.78/2018 (26.5% complete)
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 38,691 Posts
    • 271,695 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    For surveys you cannot beat going direct to the survey sites as they are not paying a middleman who just passes on a very thin slice of the earnings.
    Swagbucks for example can pay 10% or less than the actual survey sites and none of the sites like them pay anything close to going direct but as it is where those type of sites make most of their money they are always keen to get you doing surveys.
    Internet goodness 25580
    • Tolteca87
    • By Tolteca87 13th Jul 18, 10:06 PM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 3,059 Thanks
    Tolteca87
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:06 PM
    • 13th Jul 18, 10:06 PM
    It's also more reliable as there is no extra layer involved.
    • pointsguy
    • By pointsguy 24th Jul 18, 8:43 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    pointsguy
    • 24th Jul 18, 8:43 AM
    • 24th Jul 18, 8:43 AM
    GrabPoints.com as of late. Highest offer payouts and they lowered their rewards. My fave is Your Surveys, they pay almost $0.94 for it. Anything next to it pays $0.75 or less it seems. Not to mention all the other walls & surveys that pay much more.

Also, they just increased Smores / Engage. They now pay 8 points for every 3 video views.
    • mikep22
    • By mikep22 24th Jul 18, 8:49 AM
    • 856 Posts
    • 1,114 Thanks
    mikep22
    • 24th Jul 18, 8:49 AM
    • 24th Jul 18, 8:49 AM
    I like Prolific. It tends to give studies in drips but they sometimes pay very well and are usually a bit different and interesting.
    Originally posted by Lungboy
    Prolific has also being going downhill recently but is still for me by far my biggest earner

Swagbucks for me I tend to run the apps in the background, I do many searches a day trying to get search wins - very little hassle, very little work for me. I tend to stay clear of the surveys as they are so dodgy, Yes earning is not amazing, but then I am not doing very much work. I usually get 5 or a 10er a month if I am lucky. I think the thing for me with SB is I earn "passive" money, even while I am watching TV or doing surveys for other sites. So I'll take that.

I looked at GiftHulk but it confuses me a little to be honest.

I am unsure why you would complain about SB and then go to a site which pays less, that is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO.
    Debt: May 15: 17335 Jul 16: 13874 Jan 17: 11,606
    • wjr4
    • By wjr4 24th Jul 18, 11:51 AM
    • 436 Posts
    • 281 Thanks
    wjr4
    I had a good week of Prolific last week but only one small study since. That is my favourite website.
    I use valued opinions for love2shop vouchers - surveys can be VERY boring though.
    Globaltestmarket is okay sometimes but awful customer service if the survey does not credit.
    I've tried to use Instagc but I find it really confusing & unsure how to even work it!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 24th Jul 18, 7:52 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 9,999 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Can't comment on half of those sites, as never heard of them.

Gifthulk proved to painful for me to even get started earning with.

InstaGC is very below average for earnings, I get screened out of 99% of surveys on there which wastes a great deal of time. Other earning opportunities on there are poor, as they rely on loads of these offer walls which we all know don't pay out. Their customer service is terrible and they will never credit you for surveys, even with proof that you completed them.

Clixsense which I tried for a while is dire. Lots of paid per click opportunities and you can't run them in the background, like you can SB.

Prolific is good, but since they've started to allow each user only a tiny fraction of the former survey opportunities it's a slower burn. Still comparable with SB as generally it pays better.

Even though SB has gone downhill again recently, I've still yet to find as reliable a day-to-day opportunity.

Populus Live along with Pinecone are the best paying survey companies out there for me. IPSOS i-say and YouGov are fairly slow burns, but OK. Newvistalive is also an even slower burn, but always pays.

Viewsbank is a small earner, but soon adds up - especially if you do some of their telephone mystery shopping opportunities.

Anyway, the best way to make SB pay is to become an influencer. Then you'll stop complaining about it!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 34,952.54
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,650.00
    • MissPop
    • By MissPop 24th Jul 18, 7:55 PM
    • 802 Posts
    • 1,467 Thanks
    MissPop
    Prolific has also being going downhill recently but is still for me by far my biggest earner

Swagbucks for me I tend to run the apps in the background, I do many searches a day trying to get search wins - very little hassle, very little work for me. I tend to stay clear of the surveys as they are so dodgy, Yes earning is not amazing, but then I am not doing very much work. I usually get 5 or a 10er a month if I am lucky. I think the thing for me with SB is I earn "passive" money, even while I am watching TV or doing surveys for other sites. So I'll take that.

I looked at GiftHulk but it confuses me a little to be honest.

I am unsure why you would complain about SB and then go to a site which pays less, that is shooting yourself in the foot IMHO.
    Originally posted by mikep22
    I've found Gifthulk is very poor value, I have never done any offers on there and I no longer bother with the surveys as they pay cents for a lot of effort. I do the basic (search, survey check in, Guess the Card) and that's it, less than 5 minutes. I get around 100hc a day, which is 10 cents. I cash out between $5-10 a month, so about 3.60-7, depending on the exchange rate. Not really worth it at all but it adds to the beer money!
    Make 2018 in 2018 - 1,379.29/2018

2018 totals
    GiftHulk - 32.26 | Swagbucks - 200
    Prolific Academic - 126.47 | Qmee - 80
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 27th Jul 18, 1:22 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    GreyAndGold

Anyway, the best way to make SB pay is to become an influencer. Then you'll stop complaining about it!
    Originally posted by Wizzbang
    When you say become an influencer what do you mean? Sounds like encouraging people to sign up for the site in order to benefit from the referral earnings, or do you mean you are able to get favourable terms from swagbucks as a benefit of promoting their site? I couldn't in good faith recommend people to join a site that is squeezing every member of every spare swagbuck that they can get away with not paying out, and doing so would damage your own credibility as an influencer surely? Great for people who already have a long list of people referred when times were good, but I think that ship has sailed at this point.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 27th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 9,999 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    When you say become an influencer what do you mean? Sounds like encouraging people to sign up for the site in order to benefit from the referral earnings, or do you mean you are able to get favourable terms from swagbucks as a benefit of promoting their site? I couldn't in good faith recommend people to join a site that is squeezing every member of every spare swagbuck that they can get away with not paying out, and doing so would damage your own credibility as an influencer surely? Great for people who already have a long list of people referred when times were good, but I think that ship has sailed at this point.
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    You just set up a blog and they pay you to write posts on it. They write the posts, so you only have to do a very minor amount of editing. It usually pays 15 per month, for 2 blog posts. It's not guaranteed - they may or may not continue it. But it's better than any other method of earning SB. It doesn't matter if you get referrals from it or not, but if they do take to it and earn, then you will earn a proportion too.

Personally, I've never had a problem with SB not paying out - provided you provide evidence of an offer completion (i.e. screenshots). And really, your credibility as an influencer is a moot point as they pay you to write posts - you never interact with any referrals anyway.

SB cuts earnings on a yearly basis, it's nothing new so best not to get so het up about it frankly. If it's not for you, then leave it but it still works well for me.
    Minimalist
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks 2,650.00
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 27th Jul 18, 2:21 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 3,033 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Ah Okay. That does sound easier than faffing about trying to scrape around for enough sb to hit goals etc. I guess you need to have a decent amount of people who read your blog first before they will work with you.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 30th Jul 18, 8:09 PM
    • 4,397 Posts
    • 9,999 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Ah Okay. That does sound easier than faffing about trying to scrape around for enough sb to hit goals etc. I guess you need to have a decent amount of people who read your blog first before they will work with you.
    Originally posted by GreyAndGold
    Nope, you don't need a single follower! They never even ask. I certainly don't get mega traffic on my blog, it has built up though since posting so many Swagbucks offers and advice.
    Minimalist
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,123Posts Today

9,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin