Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elilanmeera
    • By elilanmeera 7th Jul 18, 11:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    elilanmeera
    Rejecting Loan afeter contract rate setter
    • 7th Jul 18, 11:51 PM
    Rejecting Loan afeter contract rate setter 7th Jul 18 at 11:51 PM
    Dear Money Savers,
    I am not a genius so thought to give a shot to get some advise. My wife applied for a loan from rate setter couple of weeks ago on a Thursday,They took 5 days and finally emailed her saying that her loan has approved and log in to get to transfer the money. She did as said and all the pre contracts and loan contracts was emailed to her. this was happened in the morning and she got an email in the late evening saying the offer is declined. I was wondering is it legal for them to decline the offer after signing the contract. The email even said the money will be on the bank account by 6 pm and suddenly rejecting it. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Page 1
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 8th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 939 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 8th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    Dear Money Savers,
    I am not a genius so thought to give a shot to get some advise. My wife applied for a loan from rate setter couple of weeks ago on a Thursday,They took 5 days and finally emailed her saying that her loan has approved and log in to get to transfer the money. She did as said and all the pre contracts and loan contracts was emailed to her. this was happened in the morning and she got an email in the late evening saying the offer is declined. I was wondering is it legal for them to decline the offer after signing the contract. The email even said the money will be on the bank account by 6 pm and suddenly rejecting it. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    Originally posted by elilanmeera
    In all likelihood she signed the contract first then they backed out.

As a result the contract will be unenforceable.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Jul 18, 2:27 PM
    • 32,544 Posts
    • 20,478 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 8th Jul 18, 2:27 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 2:27 PM
    Maybe she should check her credit files for anything untoward, check all 3.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 8th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 15,247 Posts
    • 14,347 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    There is always a "we can back out at any time clause" in consumer credit contracts, the agreement is always weighed in the lenders favor, could be computer initially said yes, then something was flagged up, resulting in a decline.

No point complaining, it will get you nowhere.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • iolanthe07
    • By iolanthe07 9th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    • 5,064 Posts
    • 4,750 Thanks
    iolanthe07
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    • 9th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    To be honest, OP, they have probably done your wife a favour. Rate Setter are not the lowest APR!
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
    • elilanmeera
    • By elilanmeera 9th Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    elilanmeera
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    • 9th Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    Ok thank you guys for all your advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

419Posts Today

4,638Users online

Martin's Twitter