Security Officer Job Scam in Uk

Options
Hi ,This is my first post here. wh

Basically I am a Security Officer with a SIA Badge (Frontline). I have been doing it for the past few years. Right now I am out of work so I am applying for Jobs online, usual places indeed and job centre site. I recently applied for a Job as Security Guard.

I will try to explain: I was told the job is a few hours per week sat, sun. And that when people have gone home I can lock-up early and go home. AND STILL GET PAID. They also mentioned the site has been active with them for over 15 Years. But when I check when the company was established it says 2008.

They also said to come for a Job Interview on Sunday. Fully dressed up in Security Uniform. Of course they require me to fill out a form through email.

This happened to me a last year when I was promised a job as Security Guard, and the information was we have been doing this site for over 10 years, the pay was 12 Pound Per Hour. And he said he employs 20-30 people. He also mentioned the same 'You can go home early by 1 hour and still get paid for it.

Now I want to know what are these people doing? Are they trying to scam so they can get my employee credentials? And how would it be possible to scam me?.

The job above I tried calling and got no answer and my calls were blocked.

Does anyone have a clue what these people are doing? I hope my message comes across okay. Its hard to explain it really. Thanks very much

Comments

• Samsung_Note2
    Options
    I used to look after a DVSA site and would often lock up early and go home and still be paid for the full shift.

What company are you referring to.
  • punkech
    Options
    SR Security Limited.
  • punkech
    Options
    Hold on a sec. The site I am applying for is a DVLA Driving Test site.:)
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    punkech wrote: »
    SR Security Limited.

Incorporated May 2016 according to Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10175664
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    punkech wrote: »
    Hold on a sec. The site I am applying for is a DVLA Driving Test site.:)

Chances are once the instructors have left site and are not returning,you"ll be free to go home.

Thats assuming none are booked in after them.

If it was very wet often the instructors (only three used the place) would call me on my mobile and say its cancelled,so same thing id lock up and go..but still book full shift.

My old firm was Manchester based i believe and had lots but not all DVSA sites.
  • punkech
    punkech Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi thanks very much samsung, I was expecting it to be fake, but seeing you done this type of work before it maybe legit. I will def go on Sunday and check it out. Thanks very much. :)
  • Samsung_Note2
    Samsung_Note2 Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    If its the same set up mate then its a good little number...done me a treat when work was thin on the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure