Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 4:40 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sharpz44
    Flight Delay claims team invoice
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:40 PM
    Flight Delay claims team invoice 2nd Jul 18 at 4:40 PM
    So basically, I thought I would check to see if an internal UK flight I was denied boarding for was eligible for compensation, I checked on my mobile phone 3 weeks later as I was delayed again,I work offshore on the oil rigs and the flight is funded by my company,I decided to not bother making any claims due to this,however this company was sending requests for documentation which I did not send,I then told them I am not making any claim ,which they then sent me an invoice for £129 for doing nothing as I signed up to there T and C`s,there website stated it was for a check,I have also noticed they have amended there website which now requires two signatures,the second to give permission to pursue a claim,this was not the case when I wanted my check done, they now say I have to pay and if not they will take further action and add more money to the invoice.
Page 1
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 4:44 PM
    forgot to add .flightdelayclaimsteam.com based in Northampton, they even made the Guardian regading how they do things any help appreciated thanks
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Jul 18, 6:48 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:48 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:48 PM
    Let me see if I have this right. You have had 2 delayed flights but we are talking about the first one. It would appear you have asked a company called flightdelayclaimsteam to look into whether you are due compensation. You have decided not to claim but they are now asking for £129 for the work they have done. Usually, they send you something by email to sign which gives them authorization to act on your behalf did you sign anything or receive an email. Did you instruct them?
    This is from their terms and conditions1.6 If you decide to instruct us our charge for our work is calculated at 25% +VAT of your compensation, this is referred to as our Service Fee. In addition, there is a fee of £20 plus VAT for each passenger on the claim. Should we need to pass your case to one of our panel solicitors, you may incur an additional charge of 15% + VAT of your compensation to contribute towards these legal costs. This is referred to as the Legal Action Fee. Our charge is payable when your case is successful. This is subject to these terms and conditions. Unlike some other firms, we won!!!8217;t charge you an initial set up fee to open your case.
    If you did instruct them you owe them the money, then claim the flight delay compensation your self. Also, claim for the second one if it was more than 3 hours late arriving at your destination
    Last edited by Justice13075; 02-07-2018 at 6:56 PM.
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 6:59 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:59 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 6:59 PM
    The second flight was only an hour,so I used my phone and when I did it it did not say they would start a claim,I scribbled in a box to get the check but apparently that means I signed,if you check there website and do a dummy run with false information you will see it know needs two signatures,when I did the scribble it was the first box,there is or was any mention of fees for a check.
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    • 2nd Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    Sorry ,forgot to add,I never received an email requesting from them to act on my behalf,just ones asking for more documentation such as boarding pass,which I found strange as I never instructed them,however because I signed the check according to them I entered into a contract.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 2nd Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    What is the check you are on about, Did you give them authorisation to act on your behalf? How did you sign the check they must have sent you something. Ask for a copy
    Why did you pull out of claiming?
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:34 PM
    Everything was done on website,check it out and you will see
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    I pulled out because the flight was funded by my employing company
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Jul 18, 9:03 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 2nd Jul 18, 9:03 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 9:03 PM
    Well if you ticked a box giving them authorization you will be liable. Why not just ask them to carry on with the claim seeing your paying them. As I said the compensation is yours as the passenger and not your employer just because they paid for the ticket.
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 2nd Jul 18, 9:05 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    Thanks,think I will do that then as I donít really care about the money they can have all of it
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 3rd Jul 18, 12:11 PM
    • 3,080 Posts
    • 1,549 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    I have gone through the terms and conditions, something everyone should do before considering using these companies. The relevant clause is here:
    2.8 Failure to sign our Assignment Form / Letter of Authority means no contract has been entered into with FDCT. 2.9 Having signed our Assignment Form / Letter of Authority the contract has been entered into and commenced. Subsequent failure to sign the required panel solicitors Assignment Form or Letter of Authority does not remove your contractual obligations to us, nor your liability for costs

If you signed online a letter of authority and decide not to proceed, you are liable to pay their costs, if you didn't there is no contract and they can sing for the money!
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 3rd Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    Well looks like I gotta pay them then, the website was not clear when I signed it,since then they have added a second signature box which makes it a bit more clearer
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 3rd Jul 18, 2:16 PM
    • 1,562 Posts
    • 695 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Or continue the claim with them on a nwnf basis.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • sharpz44
    • By sharpz44 7th Aug 18, 9:50 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharpz44
    Well ,I did that and they told me I had been paid by airline,now got a bill for £303 ,Jesus Christ I would only get £220 compensation anyway ,think I might pay them a visit which will not end nicely...complete arseholes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,508Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin