Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crumble_
    • By Crumble_ 17th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Crumble_
    Mortgage application and credit check
    • 17th May 18, 8:56 PM
    Mortgage application and credit check 17th May 18 at 8:56 PM
    Does anybody know once you have submitted your mortgage application when the hard credit check is done?

I have had my soft check done for affordability and now looking to get a home improvement loan. However I do not want the the loan hard check being done before the mortgage is complete.

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 17th May 18, 9:31 PM
    • 58,522 Posts
    • 51,884 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 17th May 18, 9:31 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:31 PM
    Further checks are possible up to completion. Do not apply for additional credit during the process is the best advice. As your mortgage offer could be withdrawn.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • Crumble_
    • By Crumble_ 24th May 18, 5:10 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Crumble_
    • 24th May 18, 5:10 PM
    • 24th May 18, 5:10 PM
    Santander have done their hard check now. Lost 31 points. How likely is it would they do another hard check and why would they if everything!!!8217;s gone through ticketyboo on the first check?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

5,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin