Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gracie1985
    • By gracie1985 17th May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    gracie1985
    Resolvecall agent at my door?
    • 17th May 18, 5:47 PM
    Resolvecall agent at my door? 17th May 18 at 5:47 PM
    Hi All

I had a resolvecall agent knock on my door have no idea who they are they left a card with just a reference number but no further information regarding what debt is in relation to and I don't want to contact them to find out as I don't want to accept any responsibility for this debt before I find out what it is for and how long it has been going as most my debts were cleared or have reached over the 6 year period. I am just asking if anyone knows of any letter templates etc I could send to them basically asking them what this is in relation to but not actually admitting it is my debt. I really don't want them to come to my door again but need to know what this in relation too firstly? Any help would be appreciated as everything I read online about them is awful!
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 14,543 Posts
    • 13,700 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:54 PM
    Send the provit letter availabie from the stickies.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • gracie1985
    • By gracie1985 17th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    gracie1985
    • 17th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:03 PM
    Hi thank you I appreciate your help but I have no idea what a sticki is or how to find it as I haven't used this website for years could you point me into the right direction please. sorry
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 14,543 Posts
    • 13,700 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:10 PM
    Hi thank you I appreciate your help but I have no idea what a sticki is or how to find it as I haven't used this website for years could you point me into the right direction please. sorry
    Originally posted by gracie1985
    Certainly, you can find it here :

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247

Adapt it if necessary to your situation.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
  • National Debtline
    • 18th May 18, 12:41 PM
    • 18th May 18, 12:41 PM
    Hi Gracie1985,

First of all, please don't worry about Resolvecall. I understand it must have been a bit unnerving to have someone knock the door, but rest assured this company is not a bailiff. They are debt collectors, which means they have no right of entry or repossession, if they attend again you can ignore them or tell them to leave as they have no more right to be there than any stranger.

I agree with Sourcrates to send the provit letter in this situation. The letter states that you have no idea what this is in relation to and asks them for more information about the debt to prove it is yours, or stop contact.

It may be the case that this is also statute barred, but you need to know more about the debt before we can say one way or another. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin