NHS eReferrals or old Choose and Book

Hi

My mother has been referred back to an orthopaedic consultant regarding her replacement knee joint. We asked that she is referred to another orthopaedic hospital (next NHS Trust over).

We have received the appointment letter, with the appointment in our NHS Trust hospital, together with login details so as to change the location and or date time of the appointment.

I am doing all of this with my mothers authorisation but, when I log in to eReferral / Choose and Book, I cannot see anyway to change the appointment to the preferred hospital. I get the option to click 'Change' against the appointment but there doesn't seem anyway to select a different location. There is the map and also you can refine your search, but on the map I cannot scroll and 'see' the location I want (which is only 30 miles south).

Anyone been through this process and been able to re-select a preferred location?
Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I've just done one for someone and it was a phone number to call with the unique booking reference number and password, with no option to do it online. Is there a phone number on your letter?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes. I thought I would encounter data protection issues doing it on the phone. Will give it a go. Many thanks

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just an update....

I wasn't able to change the booking (location) by phoning the eReferral number or for that matter via the website because eReferral (Choose and Book) system only allows you to choose from a list of options provided by the supplying organisation. In this case the GP (Medical Secretary) had only listed our local NHS Trust as the option.

I contacted the GP Practice and requested that they add the required NHS Trust, which they were happy to do, and they made the revised appointment via the system over the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family