Tupe question

Hello

I have been working at my work place for over 11 years. First 6 years for company A then company B took over company A 5 years ago I was allowed to keep my company A contract (TUPEed?). I am a driver my company B has lost my route to another company C now company B is saying I have to give up company A contract (15% pay cut) if I want to stay or I have to go with the route to company C which is about 15 miles away. Are they allowed to do this?

Comments

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So you have to give up your historic contract to remain with your current employer or you can TUPE to a new employer and keep your historic contract but travel farther. With the limited information you have supplied, yes they can do that. If its your specific route that is being taken over then your current employer is under no obligation to keep you at all. Giving you the choice of staying but bringing your contract into line with other employee's is something they are offering you rather than something they are forcing on you. Its your choice whether you go or stay.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts