Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Drive
    • By Drive 15th May 18, 11:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Drive
    Tupe question
    • 15th May 18, 11:57 PM
    Tupe question 15th May 18 at 11:57 PM
    Hello

I have been working at my work place for over 11 years. First 6 years for company A then company B took over company A 5 years ago I was allowed to keep my company A contract (TUPEed?). I am a driver my company B has lost my route to another company C now company B is saying I have to give up company A contract (15% pay cut) if I want to stay or I have to go with the route to company C which is about 15 miles away. Are they allowed to do this?
Page 1
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 17th May 18, 2:52 AM
    • 3,096 Posts
    • 1,342 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 17th May 18, 2:52 AM
    • 17th May 18, 2:52 AM
    So you have to give up your historic contract to remain with your current employer or you can TUPE to a new employer and keep your historic contract but travel farther. With the limited information you have supplied, yes they can do that. If its your specific route that is being taken over then your current employer is under no obligation to keep you at all. Giving you the choice of staying but bringing your contract into line with other employee's is something they are offering you rather than something they are forcing on you. Its your choice whether you go or stay.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

2,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin