Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • GJ28
    • By GJ28 15th May 18, 11:26 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Paragon Finance
    • #1
    • 15th May 18, 11:26 AM
    Paragon Finance 15th May 18 at 11:26 AM
    Looking for advice? I initially took out a loan with Universal credit for 10K over 10 years the start of this loan was back in late 1994. Total sum to paid back amounted to 15K. Made my fist payment of 241.63 and continued for the next 41 months. I then got into some financial difficulties due to a failed business and missed 3 monthly payments. However then commenced payments again for 10 months then had other finance issues and missed 3 months again. Then commenced again for a further 18 months this took me up to June 2001. However because of the missed payment Paragon took me to court and I got a CCJ. Total amount paid during these periods was 14,931.83. During the period of this loan the original lender Universal Credit went bust and the loan was passed to Paragon Finance. Then subsequently the loan was then sold to Robinson Way. It was during the Paragon and Robinson Way when they started to administer various charges totalling 1328.13 and additional interest of 9,791.19. I also found that PPI had been added to the loan without my knowledge totalling 3,782.40.
    To date I have paid them 20,181.83 and would be interested in advice on how I can make a complaint to these companies who seem to have gone bust or morphed into another business?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 11:37 AM
    • 20,580 Posts
    • 21,999 Thanks
    • #2
    • 15th May 18, 11:37 AM
    • #2
    • 15th May 18, 11:37 AM
    Looking for advice?
    Originally posted by GJ28
    No. But happy to offer it.

    If you want to complain about PPI, then send it to the current owner of the debt and let them work back from there to see who, if anyone, has liability.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

485Posts Today

6,487Users online

Martin's Twitter