PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Sunday 13th May 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone

I had a last minute invite from a friend to her house for dinner last night and had a lovely evening chatting and relaxing. Before we realised it was nearly midnight. Luckily she hadn’t been drinking because it would have been nigh on impossible to get a taxi home at that time.

Today I need to sort through everything that came out of the hall cupboard and is now in a pile on the floor in the hall. I think there are some bits and pieces for the CS and a few things that need to be thrown out. Every time I clear that cupboard out I promise myself that I won’t let it get like it again!

I have defrosted some mince to make a spaghetti Bolognese for dinner today and think that while I am doing it I’ll make a lasagne for tomorrow. I got given some blackberries yesterday so will make some individual apple and blackberry strudels as well.

There are a couple of things I would like to get in town as well but I will leave that until tomorrow when it is quieter.

Have a good Sunday everyone whatever you are doing.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Me again :)

I had intended to put this on the bottom of my post like I usually do and for some reason forgot, another senior moment :).

Judi the children are so sweet, it is good news that your daughter has now raised enough money to get somewhere bigger so that she can help even more orphans.

Redruby I hope that the potential cleaning lady coming to see you tomorrow is able to offer what you need. With the hours that you work some weeks you need the help.

TA I hope that everything is ok.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning Holly and all to follow

Looks like a nice day in the making, yesterday afternoon it started to rain and didn't stop all night, we lit the log burner for a while last night as it was so chilly.

Off to work for me (last day of the week :j) and I hope its quiet, yesterday was not too bad, at least there are more staff today.

We had whitebait last night nd then steak and garlic mushrooms, it was really tasty.

Not sure about today but there is loads in so we wont starve, I will need to put a wash on later one I get in but the rest can wait for tomorrow.

Right best get on have good days all xx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 May 2018 at 7:33AM
    Morning all!

For once, I have had a really good sleep. I woke several times but went back to sleep and I feel that I could probably pass for human.
    Thank you for the sandman Mrs SD.

The sun is shining and my washing is nearly finished. I don't have plans for today. Usually I spend part if Sunday with a friend but she is away at present.

Tonight's dinner will be herb and garlic roasted chicken with salad and probably a baked potato.

Judi, I love seeing the pics of tge children in the baby house.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, glad you enjoyed your evening.

It’s just about dry here at the moment but we are meant to have rain for most of the day, we did manage to get a lot done yesterday, both inside and out of the house, so today will just be a relaxing one. There is a chicken for lunch with fruit or ice-cream for afters, I have deliberately not made any cakes as we are supposed to be avoiding sugar but DOH’s lads got him a big box of G&B chocolate for his birthday and he’s been kind enough to share :D

Those pictures were smashing Judi thank you for posting them, good news on the impending expansion.
    Hope you are ok TA

Have a good Sunday folks x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Today has the makings of a beautiful day. Not sure what today will bring. For now we are just content with lying in bed.

Must take the hounds out today. They haven't been out for a couple of days as Blackun has a dodgy tum. Think Grump wants to go booting. 2 birds with one stone methinks.

Must sort out my diet. Looking after everyone else has taken it's toll. I've let myself go.

Hope your ok TA thinking of you.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Morning, It's grey and damp here.
    Thanks for starting off Holly. Sounds as if you had a good time last night.
    Glad you slept better AOD.
    Youngest Ds and famiy visiting today. If it brightens up we might get out somewhere this afternoon
    i visited a local shopping centre yesterday, just a short bus ride away. I bought some summer trousers, and a t shirt. The shops were packed.

Hope the TA's are all right.

Hope everyone has a good day
    Take care folks
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

Could be a lovely day ahead, it looks promising so far. It's amazing what a little bit of sun (or lack of rain) makes to life. Last night I even managed to sit outside for a wee while drinking a cup of tea.

Whilst I sat there I sent a text to the farmer asking about tyres. It was a wee while until he replied with 'sorry for the delay, been pulling a calf out of a cow'. :rotfl: The swallows were dancing in the sky around me.

Today the gardener is supposed to be returning to finish off the membrane laying. Fingers crossed!

Judi - great news from SA!

I need to do a quick tidy of the bedroom. For a main meal there's a YS chicken breast with asparagus and Jersery Royals. For now I've been listening to Saturday Live, so interesting this week.

Happy Sunday to all.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Judi, I popped back in to Saturday's postings to see the photos of the children, (gorgeous) and posted a response, but it was on Saturdays - meant to do it on todays' postings. Hope you can make sense of these confused ramblings!!
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Morning everyone
    You all seem to be waking up to sunshine....rain for me! We did have a nice day yesterday but not warm enough to sit outside. Last night I was so chilly I put my electric blanket on to warm my bed up. I went into town early yesterday morning and got the bits I needed, washed and ironed and then spent a couple of hours at my mam and dad's in the afternoon.
    This morning, I'll be going down to spend time with my dad so my mam can go to church and then it will be a nice quiet afternoon with my paper. A nice lazy Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure