Check your receipts

I hope this is the right area to post this but today I bought some items in Superdrug. I have been waiting for the face creams and sun lotions to be on offer (facecreams buy one get one free and sun lotions buy one get one half price).

So, I did my shop (buying quite a few to see me through the summer) and noticed that even though they went through the till and all items registered it was a little higher than my mental calculations as I went round the shop.

Upon checking the receipt I noticed it was £2.99 higher than it should have been, some of the sun lotions were not going through as one for halfprice.
Luckily I spotted it and popped back in and after some discussion with the manager (it was quite a big shop so took a while to re do it all) and got my money back.

I know £2.99 isn't a lot of money, but if these items (the SPF50 pouches) are going through wrong on their tills across the country I can image that would soon mount up, and I would rather £2.99 in my pocket than theirs!

Thought I would mention it in case others have bought these.

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 13 May 2018 at 9:15AM
    I check my receipt for all purchases before I leave the shop.
    You could pick up an item that someone had put back in the wrong place that's more expensive that you thought.
    Offers may have finished but the SEL hasn't been changed so 'buy one, get one half price or BOGOF' has ended and you pay full price.

And I check my change for both if I've paid cash before leaving the till.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure