Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 12th May 18, 7:44 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dev0891
    Credit ratings agency for mortgage
    • 12th May 18, 7:44 AM
    Credit ratings agency for mortgage 12th May 18 at 7:44 AM
    Hi guys any idea which credit rating agency does halifax use? I hv applied for mortgage. I hv excellent credit score on experian, but i havnt checked other credit agencies, will it be same as experian. Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Noobie2011
    • By Noobie2011 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 272 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Noobie2011
    • 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    Hi guys any idea which credit rating agency does halifax use? I hv applied for mortgage. I hv excellent credit score on experian, but i havnt checked other credit agencies, will it be same as experian. Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Dev0891
    Ideally you should make sure all your reports look correct and don't bank on them just using one CRA. From my recollection though from what our broker told us they use Experian but can check Equifax if needed as did with us
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 34,358 Posts
    • 18,661 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:32 AM
    Halifax can make use of all three, same as Nationwide.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 12th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dev0891
    • 12th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:43 AM
    I have already a DIP so do i still need to worry about CRA?
    Thanks in adv
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th May 18, 9:57 AM
    • 34,358 Posts
    • 18,661 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th May 18, 9:57 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:57 AM
    Halifax?

Yes, only a soft search has been done.

The full search may be undertaken with a different CRA.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 12th May 18, 10:15 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dev0891
    • 12th May 18, 10:15 AM
    • 12th May 18, 10:15 AM
    Thank you mate: my querry is that i have never missed on any payments and hv no ccj or anything in my knowledge ever and my experian report is excellent, should i create account with other two CRAs to check? Will opening account with CRAs will effect my Credit Rating?
    Thank u in advance for your quick answers
    • DingerUK
    • By DingerUK 12th May 18, 5:37 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    DingerUK
    • 12th May 18, 5:37 PM
    • 12th May 18, 5:37 PM
    No, checking with the other CRAs wonít affect your credit rating. You will see that a search is done but there are different kinds of search, commonly referred to as hard and soft. Soft searches are when you get a quote for things like car insurance (this will be what will be done when you check your file) and hard searches are done when you make an application for a product like a mortgage or a new bank account or mobile phone bill. Please donít pay any money for your info. Itís available through each CRA for free. As you're here you can look at the MSE credit club which gives you monthly info from Experian. There is also clear score which gives you info from equifax, and noodle which gives you info from call credit. You get a report from each once a month and see a soft search each time a report is generated. You can view the report as many times as you like. Iím new here (havenít posted much, but been a member a long time) so cant post links, but a quick google will get you there. There are MSE pages about credit scoring and searches which give you an introduction and further info to consider.
    • freedom12
    • By freedom12 12th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    freedom12
    • 12th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 12th May 18, 6:51 PM
    Halifax uses experian for sure . Just had AIP from them . But its rejected by head office.
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 15th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dev0891
    • 15th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 15th May 18, 11:24 AM
    Can u please tell what grounds was it refused on?
    • krustylouise
    • By krustylouise 15th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 1,476 Posts
    • 2,614 Thanks
    krustylouise
    Sorry to jump on - who are the 3 agencies for credit reports? Experian? Equifax? And who is the third?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th May 18, 1:05 PM
    • 19,402 Posts
    • 20,740 Thanks
    zx81
    Call Credit.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th May 18, 1:14 PM
    • 32,966 Posts
    • 20,759 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Sorry to jump on - who are the 3 agencies for credit reports? Experian? Equifax? And who is the third?
    Originally posted by krustylouise
    Can access the reports for free using the alternatives, clearscore for equifax, mse club for Experian etc.
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 19th May 18, 9:12 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dev0891
    Hi this is the e mail i received from my broker. Can u kindly explain where i am and what they hv checked and if they may need any further things from me.
    Thank u
    Good news! Your mortgage application has now been agreed subject to the valuation, what will happen now is an independent valuer will arrange a valuation booking date with the builder to value the property you are purchasing and to produce a report for the lender to assess, this can take 2-3 working days for the valuer to arrange a booking date with the builder.
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 19th May 18, 9:35 AM
    • 61,084 Posts
    • 54,303 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    Your mortgage application has now been agreed subject to the valuation,
    Providing the property you are proposing to purchase is satisfactory from the lenders perspective. You'll be receiving a mortgage offer in the the near future.

You'll still be at the beginning of what often is a stressful journey. I'd suggest you relax and chill. Otherwise you'll find yourself climbing walls.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 34,358 Posts
    • 18,661 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Your mortgage application has now been agreed subject to the valuation
    It's clear.

Your application has been agreed and once the valuation report is back, the mortgage offer will be issued. Only a problem with the valuation can now affect the issue of the mortgage offer
    • Dev0891
    • By Dev0891 19th May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dev0891
    Thanks mate! One more question is about my help to buy application, do you think that is also approved by the bank or the housing comittee, i hv not heard anything about that, i had filled the help to buy form same time as mortgage form but dont know what is happening. Kindly help.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 19th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 10,838 Posts
    • 4,318 Thanks
    amnblog
    You didn!!!8217;t have the Form of Authority to proceed on the Equity Loan before the Mortgage application went in?

We do not apply for the mortgage until we have the FOATP. Is your Broker managing the Equity Loan application?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,344Posts Today

8,035Users online

Martin's Twitter