Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • betty77
    • By betty77 8th May 18, 6:40 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 14Thanks
    betty77
    Can I really earn money and vouchers doing surveys online?
    • 8th May 18, 6:40 PM
    Can I really earn money and vouchers doing surveys online? 8th May 18 at 6:40 PM
    Last year I signed up to a lot of survey sites and I did make about 10 in amazon vouchers doing surveys etc. However after that inital week or so I found that doing the surveys was more and more frustrating. I was using swagbucks and nearly all the time I was being screened out or I would do the whole survey only to be booted out at the end with no points.

Also I noticed that the estimated time period for the surveys was often off so that it would say 70 swagbuck points for 10 minutes but the inital screening would be close to 10 minutes and if you even got on to the survey that would be another 150 - 20 minutes and that is me doing these surveys on a decent PC. I just found it very frustrating and in the end I just stopped feeling it was a scam.

I'm looking at it again and wondering if I was wrong and perhaps I was making some sort of mistake. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it mostly a lot of work for nothing!
Page 1
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 8th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 37,015 Posts
    • 249,046 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 8th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 8th May 18, 8:06 PM
    Swagbucks are not really a survey site they mainly host surveys for others and they take their cut for doing so - I often see surveys on there where they are paying 10% (or less) of what would be paid if you went direct to an actual survey site - I remember one they were paying 29 swagbucks that would have paid the equivalent of 480 or 640 swagbucks (3 or 4) if you went direct to the survey site.

Some of the better sites pay 1 for 5 mins, that is the equivalent of 160 swagbucks for 5 mins at the paypal rate - how often do any of their surveys get anywhere near that rate?

There are other things on SB like the games, videos, survey disqualifications, searching the web etc which without much effort should get 50 sb a day this equates to just over 11 a month in Amazon or 9.50 in paypal, if you have a compatible android mobile you can get 70 sb a day from the videos on the mobile apps - combining the 2 would be enough to get the daily goal everyday and in total get just over 31 a month Amazon or 26.50 paypal.

(I average about 60 a month from surveys including my swagbuck activity)
    Internet goodness 24838
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 33,039 Posts
    • 38,607 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th May 18, 8:14 PM
    • 8th May 18, 8:14 PM
    It's been covered multiple times here

The forum guide is here

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

3,190Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin