Can I really earn money and vouchers doing surveys online?

Options
Last year I signed up to a lot of survey sites and I did make about £10 in amazon vouchers doing surveys etc. However after that inital week or so I found that doing the surveys was more and more frustrating. I was using swagbucks and nearly all the time I was being screened out or I would do the whole survey only to be booted out at the end with no points.

Also I noticed that the estimated time period for the surveys was often off so that it would say 70 swagbuck points for 10 minutes but the inital screening would be close to 10 minutes and if you even got on to the survey that would be another 150 - 20 minutes and that is me doing these surveys on a decent PC. I just found it very frustrating and in the end I just stopped feeling it was a scam.

I'm looking at it again and wondering if I was wrong and perhaps I was making some sort of mistake. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this or is it mostly a lot of work for nothing!

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Swagbucks are not really a survey site they mainly host surveys for others and they take their cut for doing so - I often see surveys on there where they are paying 10% (or less) of what would be paid if you went direct to an actual survey site - I remember one they were paying 29 swagbucks that would have paid the equivalent of 480 or 640 swagbucks (£3 or £4) if you went direct to the survey site.

Some of the better sites pay £1 for 5 mins, that is the equivalent of 160 swagbucks for 5 mins at the paypal rate - how often do any of their surveys get anywhere near that rate?

There are other things on SB like the games, videos, survey disqualifications, searching the web etc which without much effort should get 50 sb a day this equates to just over £11 a month in Amazon or £9.50 in paypal, if you have a compatible android mobile you can get 70 sb a day from the videos on the mobile apps - combining the 2 would be enough to get the daily goal everyday and in total get just over £31 a month Amazon or £26.50 paypal.

(I average about £60 a month from surveys including my swagbuck activity)
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been covered multiple times here

The forum guide is here

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories