Skin Problem

Options
My skin is very dry what to do?

Comments

• Triggercat
    Triggercat Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, what!!!8217;s your current routine? Has anything changed recently e.g. new medications, household products etc
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Get an emolument bathing wash.
  • graschu
    graschu Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Your skin is maybe dry because of inadequate everyday routine. You are maybe using some products which don't fit your skin type. Try to change some products you're using to care your skin.
    The First Amendment freedom of religion is as important today as when the Bill of Rights was first written.
  • Triggercat
    Triggercat Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Is this on your face and/or body ? Choose gentle cleansers and moisturisers to help, un fragranced if you are sensitive.
  • fibonarchie
    fibonarchie Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    Stop the moisture escaping by putting a barrier cream on, or an oil. Vegetable based is better than petroleum jelly, which can dry the skin out even more.
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
  • BigHead
    BigHead Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Drink lots of water! This might sound crazy but if you are dehydrated your skin may be dryer than normal. I like to mix in a little bit of coconut water for flavor and natural hydrating properties. Give this a try before spending $$ on creams and such.
  • Alexxaa
    Alexxaa Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well. To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following:

Use warm rather than hot water
    Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
    Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
    Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
    Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
  • Ljno
    Ljno Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Drink plenty of water
  • dzozzi
    dzozzi Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, I also have dry skin and, above all, I try to constantly moisten it using natural creams. Every morning, I wash my face with a special milk (massager Foreo helps me with this) this is an indispensable thing for me. Also, once a week, I make acupuncture with a 0.5 mm dermaroller and put special serums and masks. Recently I bought a facial massage by Nurysh for better absorption of the cream
  • dzozzi
    dzozzi Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I like the result after the procedures, but when I stop doing this, my skin is terrible and incredibly dry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure