Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SamE18
    • By SamE18 17th Apr 18, 11:05 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SamE18
    Recorded my former employer admitting they owe me wages, could I use this at a tribunal?
    • 17th Apr 18, 11:05 AM
    Recorded my former employer admitting they owe me wages, could I use this at a tribunal? 17th Apr 18 at 11:05 AM
    I am owed wages by a former employer. I have made several phone calls where they have admitted I am owed money. They've said that they have sent a cheque in one call, will send one in two other calls and will pay me by bank transfer in another.

I didn't tell them I was recording the call. Will this mean I can't use it as evidence if I take legal action?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 17th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 2,366 Thanks
    nicechap
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    What does your lawyer or google say?
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
    • SamE18
    • By SamE18 17th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SamE18
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    I don't have a lawyer and it's a very tricky question to Google and find reliable answers.
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 17th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 1,111 Posts
    • 2,366 Thanks
    nicechap
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 1:50 PM
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Using+covert+recording+at+an+employment+tribuna l

Look for UK relevant articles.

I would suspect you will struggle to file and win an Employment Tribunal claim if you are struggling with this matter.
    Quote was right and saw into the future.
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 17th Apr 18, 3:51 PM
    • 3,096 Posts
    • 1,342 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:51 PM
    • 17th Apr 18, 3:51 PM
    A judge gets to decide whether something is admissible in court. A recording that one side new about and the other didn't is rarely allowed as evidence.

If your former employer is messing you about then go down the legal route to recover your money.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,994Posts Today

7,276Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin