Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maxmycardagain
    • By maxmycardagain 16th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    • 4,631Posts
    • 3,728Thanks
    maxmycardagain
    applying for BR and forms...
    • 16th Apr 18, 10:12 AM
    applying for BR and forms... 16th Apr 18 at 10:12 AM
    I see the process of going BR is now online, an applicant is on UC so wants to apply for help with the fees but the forms are only for posting in?

hows that work?

cheers
    Dont worry, be happy
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 16th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,640 Posts
    • 1,478 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 1:31 PM
    Sure someone else will be along but I feel sure I saw on another thread that there is no help with fees any more, I think you can pay in instalments though.
    If you do a search it may come up.
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 16th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 160 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 3:46 PM
    i will second what luvchocolate said, you can no longer get help but you can pay in installments or there are charitys and trust funds that might be able to help if you qualify, i am an ex postie and i got help through a trust fund, if you are employed it could be worth checking if they have anything like this
    Last edited by haggis0073; 16-04-2018 at 3:49 PM.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 16th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 15,252 Posts
    • 14,353 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 16th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    As said, there is no remission on the fee for bankruptcy anymore, but you can pay in installments if you wish.

Full guide is available here :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-bankruptcy/guide-to-bankruptcy
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,534Users online

Martin's Twitter