Mortgage while on maternity

Options
Hi guys

Quick one.

Anyone know any lenders that give mortgages based on your salary when you'll return to work when you're one maternity leave.

Wife goes back full time in October but is now on statutory (which we are just managing on)

With the new addition I'm very keen on moving sooner rather than later to be closer to family. Trouble is where we live was a lot cheaper.

In case it matters we have about 30k equity owe 90k and the house we like is 160k so a good bit more.

Are there any lenders that will.accept us based on what she will.earn in the future if we get cover8ng letters with start dates etc for her leave ending?

All the best

D

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Most will work off what her income will be when she returns, but they will want a letter from the employer confirming her income when she returns and when she will return.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure