Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jbryce
    • By jbryce 13th Apr 18, 9:53 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    jbryce
    Arvarto Financial Solutions / Lowell Portfolio
    • 13th Apr 18, 9:53 PM
    Arvarto Financial Solutions / Lowell Portfolio 13th Apr 18 at 9:53 PM
    I received a letter from Lowell Portfolio saying they have bought a debt from EDF relating to a property I've never lived in, during a period that ends about 6 months after I moved into my current address, and is 5 - 7 years ago, so part of it would likely be statute-barred anyway. The address also doesn't exist on the Postcode Address File.

I received a letter about this supposed in 2014 from 1st Locate, sent them a Prove It letter, and heard nothing back.

Has anyone else had this?

My Experian credit score, obtained via Barclaycard, is 999, the maximum possible, so clearly there is nothing of concern there; and my Noddle report doesn't show anything about EDF, or anything at all of concern, score is a bit lower, but still very good.

I guess I will send them another Prove It letter. Are they likely to take it any further, or is it just a speculative invoice?
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Apr 18, 10:32 PM
    • 13,989 Posts
    • 13,254 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:32 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 10:32 PM
    Send the provit, see what Lowell come back with.

You seem to have a number of arguments here :

(1) it may not be your debt
    (2) most likely statute barred anyway
    (3) the back billing rule may apply.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

1,249Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin