PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 13th April 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Holly. I'm just trawling the threads to see what everyone is up to. I've been following your story and cannot believe how badly you have been treated. You come across as being so sensible and trying to make the best of things. It beggars belief what the "system" is playing at.
    I just want you to know that as well as the wonderful support you have on this thread, there are others out there wishing you well and cheering you on.

Bless you. x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Holly, unbelievable about the medication, what is the gp planning to do?

I have been up for a couple of hours, couldn't sleep. Headache is better, just based around the sinuses now, which is something that I often have. Foot is painful but can't be broken as I can wiggle my toes and anyway it would be hard to break as already held together with titanium pins.

Going to the dentist today for replacement of a lost filling, OH happiness Oh joy Oh poverty.

But not working until next Wednesday and I've left my laptop at the office.

I'm in trouble again for not wanting the meal that OH made me last night, it wasn't wasted, I ate up the spring greens and gave DS the chicken and potatoes. They'd had lamb chops which I don't eat so DS had variety in his diet.

My finishing date has been agreed, 7th June. Official retirement date is a few weeks later, I'll be taking leave until then. I might make a chart and cross off days.

Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Light but wet underfoot again, still loads of laying water, felt cold yesterday too. Forecast is for rain again today.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly as he wants to go to the gym this morning.

Dinner last night was a freezer dive, we had pizza, southern fried chicken portions, onion rings, boiled eggs, menfolk all had chips too. Ice cream for dessert. Tonight I'm not sure, but it will be sorted this afternoon.

My replacement fridge freezer is being delivered this morning with the faulty one being taken away at the same time, so I have a 3 hour time slot this morning so am going to be waiting in for this, hopefully I'll be at the start of the slot not the end!

Yesterday I did get some of the jobs done but not all, just couldn't really get myself into gear, although all the jobs in town got done, moving money etc. I did do several loads of washing, but it's either got to be put over the airer or put in the TD as no chance of it drying outside at the mo.

I'll trying to get some jobs done today and well definitely need to get the ironing done and writing a shopping list for tomorrow - when I'll be doing my food shop first thing.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Holly, it's unbelievable the way you are being treated. We are all here supporting you and wishing you well.

Judi hugs look after yourself, try and find a little time for you.

Slept a bit better last night, had been worrying about a meeting at mother's care home, they wanted to talk about advanced care and end of life care. I have a few things to think about, it's so hard to make decisions about some ones life.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Up and about a bit earlier today as DOH is off into Cambridge to get his car serviced, it’s still free as part of the warranty otherwise he wouldn’t bother and use the garage in the village instead. I was going to go with him and have a look around the shops but really cba, don’t feel great at the moment so think will have some quiet time at home alone.
    No other major plans today, the weather is yucky again but might put on the waterproofs and take little dog around the fields.

Am so sorry that you are going through such a rough time Holly hope you manage to get out and about a bit today x

Hope you feel better soon AOD.

Have a good day folks x
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

After yesterdays beautiful morning sunshine we are back to drizzle, I'll leave my bedding until tomorrow to see if it's any better. All yesterdays washing is ready to be put away.

I tidied up some planters in the garden yesterday then went to the allotment and finished clearing the beds up there ready for planting.

Not long AOD, 7th June will come around quickly.

Visiting a friend for coffee this morning, I was meant to be meeting a work friend for lunch but she has called off (she does this all the time and wonders why she's not invited to any work dos). If the weather is ok I'll go back to the allotment, if not I'll plan what I'm going to grow!

Happy Friday, take care. XX
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Meeting this morning at 8.30, so I'll keep it short.

Dinner date last night with my gran. We had a lovely 3 courses and then continued to natter away. We spoke mostly about the difference in technology from when she was little and even when I was younger. I was on the cusp of the internet, so I'm of the age to be able to say "the kids these days don't know how easy they've got it"! We then sat and watched Masterchef, both drooling.

Tonight I've decided is a night to myself. Friday Tidy and all that.

HH - It seems to silly for them to take that stance. No common sense. How was it left? Have you asked for the original (and correct) dose?
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Not posted for a while as I am feeling slightly stressed.

Last day of my holidays, but I do not feel as if I have managed to relax much.

I had a fairly good few days over Easter, although I notice my mother's illness is progressing.

I have visited the funeral directors as the care home wants measures put in place for when the time comes.

I have had mom house valued. I will put in on the market in June, until then I will be clearing a majority of the items out.

My other days I have been visiting places to lodge moms court of protection form so I can pay her bills. Just waiting now for them to contact me to say they have seen it.

My DD also told me a week ago that she will be moving to London in September with her BF.

Everyone have a good weekend x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Holly, I really think you need to get your MP involved in this, they can ask questions others cannot and they have to have answers within 24 hours of the request. The way you have been treated is nothing short of mental cruelty, what ever your problems are you do not deserve this.

Its another dull morning, it has been wet. The floor in the wet room cupboard is very slowly drying out, but the one floor board feels very slimy.........

My throat is still sore, so will be keeping the appointment with the GP. Have been taking medication every 6 hours, My head feels very heavy a sign I have sinusitis, if I sneeze my brain hits the front of my head!!

Need to put a white load in the washer, it will have to go in the dryer. It seems to have been a very long winter.......I started having to dry the clothes inside in October.

The cheese pie last night was delicious, there is a bit of the mixture left so will have it with tonight's fish OH will have chips. Raspberries in jelly for dessert with a blob of ice cream.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Very dull and wet in Glasgow. And cold too.

HH - keep battling.

I slept so well again last night, I even remeber trying to stay asleep to see how my dream ended. Of course I managed neither.

I'm off to the bank and building society for DM this morning. Then I'll collect my wine order from MW.

I wish everyone very happy Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport