Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hstyhst
    • By Hstyhst 12th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hstyhst
    Preparing to be mortgage ready
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    Preparing to be mortgage ready 12th Apr 18 at 12:57 PM
    Hi

We currently have a mortgage on a property with approx 10k equity (minimum). In addition we have been offered 50k early inheritance from my parents. So we would hopefully have a 60k deposit for a house in the region of 160k so looking at 100k mortgage. Our current mortgage costs 435 per month (75k outstanding).

We currently have debts but credit score is good because we make every payment and all accounts are up to date.

I am, however, worried about being approved for a mortgage and wondering what the best course of action would be to make us 'mortgage-ready'.

For example, at the moment when ALL bills and spending are taken into consideration we have 300 plus spare at the end of each month. I want to use this towards debt repayments (debts totalling 13k at the moment). However, is this the best route or should I leave some spare cash in the current account each month to show we have the spare???

I ideally would like to start making a dent on the debts while we get the house ready for sale but not sure if it's the best option at the moment.

Any advice would be welcome
Page 1
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 12th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 1:19 PM
    Can you just eradicate your debts with the 50k?

In any case, I wouldnt put all of it in the mortgage. Just save for any eventuality....
    • lookstraightahead
    • By lookstraightahead 12th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    lookstraightahead
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 3:49 PM
    I don!!!8217;t know how old / well your parents are but be careful of deprivation of assets etc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,020Posts Today

8,705Users online

Martin's Twitter