Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Haz29
    • By Haz29 11th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Haz29
    Second job and tax
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:58 PM
    Second job and tax 11th Apr 18 at 1:58 PM
    Hi
    So basically i want to work a second job part time, the current tax code is 1210m and its a part time job where i will earn approx 9.7k a year
    The other job i want to take what will happen about the tax? As also i wont be using all my free allowance on the current job too.
    Also
    When using the tax credits calculator they ask for total earning etc is that for both jobs regardless that they are seperate jobs? And the total hours i put down 36 for example both jobs total?
Page 1
    • anselld
    • By anselld 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 5,877 Posts
    • 5,609 Thanks
    anselld
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    Hi
    So basically i want to work a second job part time, the current tax code is 1210m and its a part time job where i will earn approx 9.7k a year
    The other job i want to take what will happen about the tax? As also i wont be using all my free allowance on the current job too.
    Originally posted by Haz29
    HMRC will split the tax code between the two jobs.

Also
    When using the tax credits calculator they ask for total earning etc is that for both jobs regardless that they are seperate jobs? And the total hours i put down 36 for example both jobs total?
    Originally posted by Haz29
    Yes, total earnings, total hours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,462Users online

Martin's Twitter