Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • myonlysunshine
    • By myonlysunshine 7th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 141Posts
    • 714Thanks
    myonlysunshine
    Jackie0 huge thanks!
    • 7th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    Jackie0 huge thanks! 7th Apr 18 at 3:28 PM
    I just wanted to send a huge thank you to the wonderful JackieO for all your wonderful help and advice you post on here. Iíve got so many cookbooks that I hardy use (oops!) but I did some detective work on here and found all those wonderful recipes you combined in a cookbook..there are some great ones that even my fussy 14 year old wants to try..this is a big result so thank you!!! !!!

I lost my mum a few years back quite young...she was a real homemaker and loved taking care of us all, Iíve tried to continue some of her brilliant ways of frugalness and money saving as it helps me feel closer to her somehow..I know she wouldnít mind if I asked you to adopt me too so is that ok!?!

There are some really brilliant people on here selflessly helping out with such fab ideas and Iím forever grateful to you all
    Second purse £34.75/£50.00
    Third purse £0.00

Paying £5.00 a week in second purse

Total stockpile value
Page 1
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 37,466 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    • 7th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 7th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    How lovely of you x

Jackie is an OS national treasure, I'm sure she'll be back to add her bit, but she's on her way to holidays at the mo

Try and get you young'n to cook some of the meals they fancy - as the owner of 2 teen boys (now both early 20's) it really helped them to widen their food likes, eldest was very much dry food, no food touching on the plate etc, now he loves cooking and experimenting - just need to work on his cleaning up skills
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

March GC £250.00/ .00
    • myonlysunshine
    • By myonlysunshine 7th Apr 18, 10:33 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    myonlysunshine
    • 7th Apr 18, 10:33 PM
    • 7th Apr 18, 10:33 PM
    How lovely of you x

Jackie is an OS national treasure, I'm sure she'll be back to add her bit, but she's on her way to holidays at the mo

Try and get you young'n to cook some of the meals they fancy - as the owner of 2 teen boys (now both early 20's) it really helped them to widen their food likes, eldest was very much dry food, no food touching on the plate etc, now he loves cooking and experimenting - just need to work on his cleaning up skills
    Originally posted by Islandmaid
    Haha yes no food is allowed to touch on the plate certain textures are a huge no no too! I love getting him involved in cooking but canít say he shares the same enthusiasm as me just yet Although thereís hope yet as my eldest DS was far worse and when he went to Uni and had no choice but to eat a certain way he now heís a changed person hallelujah!!
    Third purse £0.00

Total stockpile value
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 7th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    donnajt
    • 7th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    • 7th Apr 18, 11:07 PM
    I did some detective work on here and found all those wonderful recipes you combined in a cookbook..
    Originally posted by myonlysunshine
    Hi I agree Jackie is awesome, where can i find her cookbook?
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • buildersdaughter
    • By buildersdaughter 8th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    buildersdaughter
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:12 AM
    I too am glad to be on the same forum as JackieO!
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 8th Apr 18, 8:44 AM
    • 15,764 Posts
    • 133,929 Thanks
    JackieO
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:44 AM
    • 8th Apr 18, 8:44 AM
    Thank you chums an off on my holidays to my beloved Isle of Wight with my DD,son-in-law and my DGS, and will be back next week PM me, and I will sort it out when I come back. Fingers crossed for some dry weather, although we even don't mind if it rains we love it so much there .

Tacke care of yourselves while I am away

Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx

PS Dunno about national treasure ,more old relic I thinkxxx
    Last edited by JackieO; 08-04-2018 at 8:47 AM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year Three months totals £96.53 April £8.98 . this morning short shop was 5.62 only bought essentials
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Apr 18, 10:47 AM
    • 25,469 Posts
    • 54,171 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 8th Apr 18, 10:47 AM
    • 8th Apr 18, 10:47 AM
    PS Dunno about national treasure ,more old relic I thinkxxx
    Originally posted by JackieO
    I think not! You are like an OS virtual mum to us, dispensing wisdom, common sense and practical tips in equal measures x
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • buildersdaughter
    • By buildersdaughter 8th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    buildersdaughter
    • 8th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    • 8th Apr 18, 11:35 AM
    JackieO, you are wise enough to know that national treasure / old relic are 2 sides of the same coin (!)
    However, we regard you as MSE Treasure-in-Chief.
    This board shows the best of internet forums
    • myonlysunshine
    • By myonlysunshine 8th Apr 18, 12:31 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 714 Thanks
    myonlysunshine
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:31 PM
    • 8th Apr 18, 12:31 PM
    I think not! You are like an OS virtual mum to us, dispensing wisdom, common sense and practical tips in equal measures x
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Totally agree!!!
    Third purse £0.00

Total stockpile value
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 8th Apr 18, 3:29 PM
    • 4,252 Posts
    • 29,361 Thanks
    tessie bear
    got to say I love to read your posts Jackie o first hand social history thankyou for all the tips and insightful things you post hope your holiday is fun
    on the brink...
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 8th Apr 18, 3:45 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 8,246 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Totally agree too.
    Gem-gem
    £2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - to fill up the pot
    Save £12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan £2280/£6,000
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 8th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 5,096 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    Hi I agree Jackie is awesome, where can i find her cookbook?
    Originally posted by donnajt
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uic5mdr2kptzj7/misers_cookbook.docx
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 14th Apr 18, 11:24 AM
    • 15,764 Posts
    • 133,929 Thanks
    JackieO
    Good Morning chums and back home from my trip away I hope you can all access the cook book OK its full of odds and ends collected over the years and with additions from lots of posters on here as well.Any recipe I fancied that I saw posted, I tried, and all of the recipes in the online cook book have been tried and tested on my family my grandsons are especially happy to 'test drive' and cake recipes

Well I had a great time and we all enjoyed ourselves even though the weather wasn't brilliant we did have a couple of dryish days and last Wednesday was beautiful and we had lots of walks on the beaches with the dogs. being rather wet at times was a bit a a nuisance but we were only there for a short time so a bit of mud does wash off quite well.The dogs we managed to keep reasonably dry with the addition of a couple of towels bought from a charity shop in Ryde quite big and as DD had a Jack Russell and a maltese terrier it was OK as they were popped into the shower tray when we got back to the caravan and washed off then wrapped up and cuddled in the towels and dried. No Wi-fi so it was cards, scrabble, and the odd bit of TV or books to read in the evening We had a lovely meal on our lest night in the pub down the road The Propeller right by the airfield, (it was doggy friendly as well ) the waitress was amazing she worked all of the covers on her own, and was so quick and beaming all the time bless her DD remarked to the manager and he said she was an absolute diamond and did 4 jobs a day to keep herself and her children . I have never seen anyone work so hard or so cheerfully as she did.We left her a decent tip as she was so good and DD left a good review on tripadvisor as well.Food was excellent as well.

Now its back to normal for another four months until we return to the IoW in August for our main holiday.

Hope everyone has had a good week

Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year Three months totals £96.53 April £8.98 . this morning short shop was 5.62 only bought essentials
    • Farway
    • By Farway 14th Apr 18, 4:09 PM
    • 6,095 Posts
    • 9,562 Thanks
    Farway
    Sod's law Jackie, sun's out and a gorgeous day down here today
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

271Posts Today

3,203Users online

Martin's Twitter