Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dysucker
    • By dysucker 4th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 6Thanks
    dysucker
    Offered discount not given
    • 4th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    Offered discount not given 4th Apr 18 at 2:53 PM
    Hi,

I recently placed an order from an online retailer who then added a bigger discount on their website (I bought at 30% off, they then increased the offer code to 40% off)

I requested a refund of the difference, however the response I received offered a much larger discount, and if I was happy with that I should respond (the culminative discount would have worked out 60% off, not 40%)

I replied with glee saying that's great, then was lost in the system for a week, I replied again, somebody picked up my email, said they'd process this immediately then sent me the original amount of an additional 10% off.

I did complain that what I was offered isn't what they have refunded, and they've stated this was a mistake, but the wording in the response was very specific, so I can only assume they've backtracked on their original offer that I accepted.

What should I do? I've had a few round robin emails with them explaining that they offered me more than I had asked for, but they are maintaining it was a mistake even though I had actually accepted their offer and not mine.

I purchased through PayPal, so I can open a case with them, but I don't know whether to just leave it, or press on and see if I can get what they offered.

Your opinions greatly appreciated!
Page 1
    • BoGoF
    • By BoGoF 4th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    • 3,478 Posts
    • 2,786 Thanks
    BoGoF
    • 4th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    • 4th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    Stop being so greedy....you got the 40% discount when they could have told you to do one after the 30% offer increased.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 5th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    • 8,884 Posts
    • 9,242 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 5th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 4:15 PM
    And the campaign is..?
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 5th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 27,462 Posts
    • 13,459 Thanks
    Cardew
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    • 5th Apr 18, 7:45 PM
    Why, when you agreed a deal for 30% discount, do you feel not bound by that agreement?
    • fwor
    • By fwor 12th Apr 18, 2:09 PM
    • 6,032 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    fwor
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:09 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:09 PM
    .... deleted ....
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 24th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 5,240 Posts
    • 3,903 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 24th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    • 24th Apr 18, 11:36 AM
    Would you have offered to ay the difference if they had reduced the discount to 20% rather than increasing it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,175Users online

Martin's Twitter