hmrc confuse me am i getting a repayment on monday

Well this is my first time in 3 years i have actual got a tax rebate
i requested this for repayment on 20/03/2018
next day it to pending ban repayment

today i check and its show this

Bank repayment:269.73
Date:26 Mar 2018
Payee:You
does this mean i will have 269.73 in my account on monday ?

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    If Monday is the 26th March, why wouldn't it be in your account then?
  • ashg1990
    ashg1990 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I am just wondering if the date given by hnrc is the day I actually get my rebate
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The change to the statement means that the payment has now been authorised and released.

26 March is the next working day. This is when the BACS info will be sent to the bank. Most banks BACS systems dont operate on Sat/Sun but thats a decision thats entirely down to your bank.

It now depends on how long it takes your bank to process a BACS payment. This differs from bank to bank but on average its around 3-5 working days.

They may process it the same day but that would be unusual.

HMRC do not issue repayments through the Faster Payment Service.

The only thing you can do is check your bank account on Monday morning.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
  • ashg1990
    dori2o wrote: »
    The change to the statement means that the payment has now been authorised and released.

26 March is the next working day. This is when the BACS info will be sent to the bank. Most banks BACS systems dont operate on Sat/Sun but thats a decision thats entirely down to your bank.

It now depends on how long it takes your bank to process a BACS payment. This differs from bank to bank but on average its around 3-5 working days.

They may process it the same day but that would be unusual.

HMRC do not issue repayments through the Faster Payment Service.

The only thing you can do is check your bank account on Monday morning.
    So I am guessing I may not get it tommorow then
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Yes you will. It's like a salary BACS payment or a banks interest payment. Your company tells you what date pay day is and they set up a BACS run three working days ahead.

You don't need to understand all this stuff but if people tell you that you will be paid on a certain day, you will be paid on that day.

If you are that concerned, stay up until just after midnight tonight and you will see the payment arrive in your bank.

Why do people have so much anxiety? It's £269.73 for goodness sake. Hardly life changing!
  • ashg1990
    le_loup wrote: »
    Yes you will. It's like a salary BACS payment or a banks interest payment. Your company tells you what date pay day is and they set up a BACS run three working days ahead.

You don't need to understand all this stuff but if people tell you that you will be paid on a certain day, you will be paid on that day.

If you are that concerned, stay up until just after midnight tonight and you will see the payment arrive in your bank.

Why do people have so much anxiety? It's £269.73 for goodness sake. Hardly life changing!

Thanks for the info the reason for the question is because normally I would see a pending transaction the day before it goes in I checked today nothing pending.

And as for your smart comment no it is not life changing but seeing as I have been out of work due to ill health the money is somewhat needed due to not having much food or electric but I guess in my position it isn't that life changing no but it sure helps.

As for anxiety I am a sufferer of depression and anxiety so that may be why.

Thanka for kicking me into the gutter a little bit further and knocking my confidence for even asking a question

For goodness sake why do I always do something wrong hope you have a brilliant day in your perfect life
  • I wonder if anyone could help me, I sent my tax return off on 7th April since then I have had to send my receipts off ect and mileage logs. But it!!!8217;s been 10 working days now since I sent all this off is it worth giving them a call see what!!!8217;s happening it!!!8217;s mentally draining me now
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Baggies67 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone could help me, I sent my tax return off on 7th April since then I have had to send my receipts off ect and mileage logs. But it!!!8217;s been 10 working days now since I sent all this off is it worth giving them a call see what!!!8217;s happening it!!!8217;s mentally draining me now

10 working days is nothing in the HMRC la-la land. Don't realistically expect any response for a couple of months. You "may" hear from them more quickly, but realistically, it will be weeks/months rather than days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure