Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • prufrock
    • By prufrock 8th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 21Thanks
    prufrock
    House Undervalued- what options do i have?
    • 8th Mar 18, 4:40 PM
    House Undervalued- what options do i have? 8th Mar 18 at 4:40 PM
    hello,

I am currently in the process of remortgaging from halifax to santander.

When halifax sent over their retention offer they valued my house at £370,000.

I used the figure they gave me to get a decision in principle to santander.

after passing the credit checks and affordability santander sent over a chartered surveyor last week. today i'm told that they value the house is £350,000. i think that is fair enough as i did think the halifax valuation might be a bit on the steep side.

Valuing the house at this amount puts me at 62% LTV. The product I wanted and applied for was at 60% LTV. I have savings and have offered to overpay the difference with halifax so that I borrow less from santander and make the LTV 60%. i originally asked for £214K, to get to 60% LTV would be £210k

In peoples experience are santander likely to accept this, or might they withdraw the offer?

I'm a bit worried as the product is no longer available and the current deals i have researched aren't as competitive.

santander tell me they have a back log atm and will take a week or so to get back to me. so in the meantime i wanted to ask you folks if you have any knowledge of what is likely to happen next.

any opinion would be greatly received : )
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,156Posts Today

8,187Users online

Martin's Twitter