Account numbers for credit file clean up?

Options
I am currently on with writing my letters to the creditors to update my credit file after being discharged from bankruptcy last week.

I am having trouble finding the account numbers for the accounts I had with the creditors.

Where can I find this information?

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi it can take a couple of months for the information to be updated after discharge.
    We usually advice wait about 3 months then check on all the agencies, many times there is nothing to do mine all updated without any intervention from me.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did my BR on the 'old' paper system and had to provide the account numbers on the petition at the time so I still have a copy of the that. If you don't have a record of them then it will probably be difficult to find them now. If you give you name address and postcode at the time of BR I'm sure they will find you.

I'd also strongly agree with luvchocolate - it takes at least 3 months for the credit file system to update so wait a bit and then check again - you may find only one or two need writing to.
  • haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    if you did it online then it would of asked you for the account numbers of each of your creditors, if possible you can log into your BR portal and download a copy of your application, then under the creditors part the account numbers will be under "reference"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure