PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recipes for people who hate vegetables

Options
Hi all,

Can I have some meal ideas, preferably recipes that contain hidden veggies that a self proclaimed carnivore would eat.

Thanks
Mummy to two beautiful girls and one gorgeous boy.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any type of tomato based sauce can have veg hidden in it...

Boil/steam any combination of veg & puree it down then add it to the other sauce. Used to use this to hide veggies in my childrens pasta sauces when they were small & adamant they didn't like veg!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    ALL vegetables? Flavours and textures as diverse as aubergine, pepper, sweetcorn, cauliflower and carrot?

The obvious one is to make pasta sauce with onions, peppers and courgettes blended with tomatoes.

Is Colcannon, mash with onion and cabbage partially visible, a possibility?
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    They will always eat chips, so roast some parsnips and carrots, with tatties and call them game chips!
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been known to cook a butternut squash in with my Moroccan lamb stew and then mash it in to the sauce (which will thicken the stew).
    Non vegetable eater never said a word - munched away very happily.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    That phrase 'self proclaimed carnivore' suggests a fully grown person.

I suggest pointing them in the direction of the kitchen and leaving them to it, rather sneaking vegetables into sauces like you would a recalcitrant three year old.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options

Exactly! Sad init.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

I suggest pointing them in the direction of the kitchen and leaving them to it, rather sneaking vegetables into sauces like you would a recalcitrant three year old.
    Covert administration is an ethical minefield :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Covert administration is an ethical minefield :D

Management Decision. You eat what I cook (which includes things like vegetables) or you cook for yourself. I've got better things to do with my time than faff around with blending things so you can't see them. If you have a hissy fit at the thought of something green contaminating your plate of beige, you deal with the scurvy, osteoporosis, constipation and other diseases that are caused through the lack of vegetable consumption.

Otherwise known as the I'm Not Your Bl**dy Mother Protocol.

(I eat what I'm given when the OH cooks. If I don't want it because it's truly foul, I'm perfectly capable of making something for myself. His choice, my choice. We're grownups.)
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I must admit that I've got both feet in JoJo's camp but it would be interesting to know if it's all vegetables that won't be eaten (and why) or if it's just certain ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure