Anyone had a problems with Mumsnet?

Has anyone else had problems with mumsnet on not receiving their prize? Its been going on since November now with alot of emails back and forth all I am getting is that they will/are chasing the prize and will give me an update - never receive an update and so I email again. Just feel like I am going round in circles!

Comments

• deb2112
    deb2112 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Now you mention it, I won a runner up prize right at the start of January which I haven't received yet. It was a Star Wars Porg toy- I think there was a voucher as the main prize and around 50 soft toys for runners up. Unlike when you win a voucher, there was a survey to fill in with your address details, rather than a named contact to directly email so I'm not sure who to contact about it. As it was only a small prize that I'll probably gift to one of my nieces/nephews for birthdays or Christmas I was going to give it a bit longer but if you're having problems too I may see if I can work out who to contact about it.

Editing to add that I won a £300 love to shop voucher in December which arrived promptly and a £300 John Lewis voucher in September that did too.
  • I've won a few books last year and a John Lewis voucher in November but I never had an issue with them.

However, when I won Lidl vouchers a couple of years ago it took weeks to receive them - when I asked them about it they said it was an issue with Lidl not sending them to Mumsnet to be forwarded to the winners.

p.s. I have noticed they haven't done a book giveaway in a few months which is a shame as I like winning books, hence my username!
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    I've won a few books last year and a John Lewis voucher in November but I never had an issue with them.

However, when I won Lidl vouchers a couple of years ago it took weeks to receive them - when I asked them about it they said it was an issue with Lidl not sending them to Mumsnet to be forwarded to the winners.

p.s. I have noticed they haven't done a book giveaway in a few months which is a shame as I like winning books, hence my username!

today is international book giving day!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez wrote: »
    today is international book giving day!

Maybe there will be some more book comps today then - hoorah!!
  • purple45
    purple45 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am still waiting for one of the Porg toys. But I've won vouchers in the past and not had any problems.
    Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
    Best wins this year so far: £100 Hobbycraft Voucher, £50 cash, GoPro Camera
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've won a few books last year and a John Lewis voucher in November but I never had an issue with them.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've had terrible trouble trying to redeem the £25 vouchers issued by Mumsnet. Have C&Ped my email to Mumsnet rather than type it all out again. (Names removed by me.)

Well that’s 30minutes standing at a checkout with broken air conditioning and no chairs, plus the time it took to shop I’ll never get back in my life!
    ****, the deputy manager at *****’s very smart, new store on ***** Avenue tried very hard to help us when the vouchers refused to work on the £100 shop we just did. He rang his area manager, customer services etc, but either no-one answered, (3:30pm on Saturday,) or no-one could authorise the vouchers.
    Apparently Lidl don’t do £25 vouchers, (Despite me showing these emails on my phone.) so those you sent me must be suspect and can’t be redeemed.
    As this was a win, we’d put some extra treats in our trolley, so couldn’t justify spending on our credit card. We unpacked all our shopping, left it there and went to Tesco, very unhappy.
    Rather takes the joy out of what we viewed as a great win.
    How can we resolve this?

I was repeatedly told, even by customer services that Lidl only do £5 and £10 vouchers, but when I asked the CS lady today if we could exchange my vouchers for £10 ones she said Lidl only do £5 ones - !!!!!!?
    Apparently she has spoken to the manager at our local store so that we can redeem them there. Let's hope it works!
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    What a rubbish experience - I can confirm that they do do £25 vouchers as I won some last year directly from them on Instagram, and I had no bother whatsoever using them in the shop.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've won a voucher from them and it arrived promptly.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure