Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Niceke
    • By Niceke 12th Feb 18, 12:05 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Niceke
    CDCS repaying over 6 years
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:05 AM
    CDCS repaying over 6 years 12th Feb 18 at 12:05 AM
    I am paying off two Barclays overdrafts, this has been passed to CDCS.
    I have made a repayment offer and this was accepeted in April 2010.

Whist tidying paperwork today I have noticed that I have had nothing from them since this acceptance letter in 2010.
    There has not been a statement or letter asking to review my payments.

I still pay my small amount each month. Do you think I can stop the payments?
Page 1
    • Niceke
    • By Niceke 12th Feb 18, 12:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Niceke
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:07 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:07 AM
    CDCS is Central Debt Collection Services
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    • 14,021 Posts
    • 13,278 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:16 AM
    A quick search of the FSA register under that name brings up Barclays Bank.

So I would say they are possibly Barclays own internal debt collectors.

Write and ask for a statement if your unsure the account is satisfied or not, its still going to be collectible, the passing of time wont change that because your paying the debt.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Niceke
    • By Niceke 12th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Niceke
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    Thank you, I was imagining that I still had to repay because I am repaying each month.

I had a similar thing with Next, but the repayment was never set up, they never chased after passing to a debt collector it then went stale.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

1,621Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin