CDCS repaying over 6 years

Options
I am paying off two Barclays overdrafts, this has been passed to CDCS.
I have made a repayment offer and this was accepeted in April 2010.

Whist tidying paperwork today I have noticed that I have had nothing from them since this acceptance letter in 2010.
There has not been a statement or letter asking to review my payments.

I still pay my small amount each month. Do you think I can stop the payments?

Comments

• Niceke
    Options
    CDCS is Central Debt Collection Services
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A quick search of the FSA register under that name brings up Barclays Bank.

So I would say they are possibly Barclays own internal debt collectors.

Write and ask for a statement if your unsure the account is satisfied or not, its still going to be collectible, the passing of time wont change that because your paying the debt.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Niceke
    Options
    Thank you, I was imagining that I still had to repay because I am repaying each month.

I had a similar thing with Next, but the repayment was never set up, they never chased after passing to a debt collector it then went stale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure