Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 10th Feb 18, 3:48 AM
    • 31Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Netherspark
    OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:48 AM
    OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments 10th Feb 18 at 3:48 AM

================================================== ================
    updated 20/12/2018:

After using OhMyDosh for 10 months without problems, I unfortunately have to recind my recommendation for this website as in my view they can no longer be trusted.

I have fulfilled offers as stated in the terms, only to have them deny I even clicked on it. They even rejected my proof of screenshots and emails as it "has not tracked on the system" and they claim the dates on my proof do not match, essentially calling me a liar to my face. They outright deleted two of my tickets on the matter, and the other two were just blunt generic replies which were then locked without allowing me to respond.

Luckily for me it was a 'no spend' offer, but if it had been one of the many offers that require spending money upfront I would now be out of pocket, and essentially told to go f#!k myself.

I was one of OhMyDosh's very first users and was once their top earner. I have personally recieved nearly £400 from their offers, the majority of which required spending money upfront (gambling offers etc). But now I have zero confidence that any further offers will be honoured and I am not going to risk spending another penny.

I'm taking my final cashout and walking away. If you want to keep using them that's up to you, I can only tell you of my experience and my experience is that they cannot be trusted.

I have also removed my referral link from this post.

================================================== ================

https://ohmydosh.co.uk

OhMyDosh! is a new website where you can complete offers, such as surveys, free trials, competitions and more for cash payments. For example sign up for a free Now TV trial and earn £5.

Some of the offers can look a little dodgy, and frankly you should always check the terms and conditions of whatever offers you're signing up for, but it's perfectly legitimate and payments are handled within 30-60 days. It's run by a company called "Submission Technology" and is very similar to many other websites they have ran in the past, except you can pick and choose any offers you want. At the end of day it's a neat way to earn a little extra money.

It works more or less the same as any cashback website - they earn a comission for each person they direct to their advertisers and they split that comission with you: https://ohmydosh.co.uk/how-does-it-work

Last edited by Netherspark; 20-12-2018 at 4:50 PM.
Page 1
    • renifer7
    • By renifer7 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    renifer7
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/

Must...remember...cashback......
    • MaxPerwer
    • By MaxPerwer 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MaxPerwer
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing I've already joined otherwise I'd have used your link!
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Netherspark
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/
    That's odd, try adding an S to the end of HTTP in the referral link. Once you do that your browser should then let you through without any warnings. In fact I've added it to the referral link in the original post.

The site is secure and does use the HTTPS protocol, it just seems that the link left it out for some reason. When you're on the website look up at the address bar, you should see both the padlock symbol and the HTTPS prefix.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 13-02-2018 at 4:44 PM.
    • chalex
    • By chalex 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    chalex
    • 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    Unfortunately this is run by Submission Technology Ltd, a business who are known to be proponents of ethically questionable incentive websites.

They used to run a site called PaidOffers.co.uk, which received a lot of negative press and a couple of ASA citations for misleading its users. PaidOffers was also a cashback ladder whereby it was next to impossible to actually earn anything. OhMyDosh, as far as I can tell, is exactly the same concept under a new name (PaidOffers is now closed).

See below links for further info:
    theguardian.com/money/2014/aug/22/when-a-cashback-promise-seems-too-good-to-be-true
    asa.org.uk/rulings/submission-technology-ltd-a12-209591.html
    asa.org.uk/rulings/Submission-Technology-Ltd-A14-275680.html

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it normally is!
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Netherspark
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    Yes it is run by Submission, but I've not heard of those other websites so I can't really speak about them. There's no difficulty in earning money in OhMyDosh. You just pick an offer, complete the requirements and after a confirmation period get paid. It's fairly similar to their 20 Cogs website, which I personally got £266 from.

Obviously due diligence is always required, but I'm not seeing any bad practices from them so far. Should that change I'll update the thread immediately and warn people to stay away.

I'm up to £76 now and currently waiting for it to clear.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 34,337 Posts
    • 40,434 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    To the company rep who replied, you do not have "company permission to post"

You need to email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com who will either allow you to post or reply on your behalf
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • OhMyDosh
      Verified User verified user
    • By OhMyDosh Verified User verified user 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    OhMyDosh
    • 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    Hi chalex (and other viewers of this thread),

There was a Twitter account (johnsmi94906218 - which is now closed) Tweeting bloggers and reviewers we have recently worked with addressing the same points within this new post on March 1st, given this Twitter account appeared the same day you posted your message, I am going to make the assumption that you also created the Twitter account. Thankfully, these reviewers (many of whom we have been working with for years) came back and responded to your Tweets to defend us.

Regarding your post, I would also encourage users to view the links above linking to an article written in 2014, an ASA Adjudication from 2013 and one from 2014. These issues were promptly addressed by us over 4 years ago.

OhMyDosh is NOT “exactly the same concept under a new name” as you have stated in your post. If you wish to learn more about how OhMyDosh works, please visit the ‘How It Works’ page (I won’t post a link as I do not want to break any MSE forum rules, but you can find it at the bottom of our offer page).

OhMyDosh has been live for a month and we have already started paying our members who reached the £10 cash out point.

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.

As Netherspark has quite rightly pointed out, Submission Technology also runs 20 Cogs which to date has paid £564,727 to our members in the 2 years we have been live.

chalex, I would encourage you to get in contact with us directly if you wish to discuss OhMyDosh at length to help you get a better understanding of the site. As your post is exactly the same as one you’ve posted in the past on this forum but changed the name to OhMyDosh, I don’t think you have taken the time to research OhMyDosh.

I would not like this thread to turn into a conversation between you and I, as I’m sure the MSE admins would agree, so as I said before I do encourage you to reach out and get in touch.

I am extremely proud of the site we have created and I am keen to clear our name as quickly as possible. I would be more than happy to speak on the phone to you if needed.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

Moneyfacts Awards 2019 Shortlisted:
    Cashback Site Of The Year
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 1,157 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    tonycottee
    • 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.
    Originally posted by OhMyDosh
    These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?

Here is an unpaid review of OhMyDosh
    Last edited by tonycottee; 15-05-2018 at 4:31 PM.
    • OhMyDosh
      Verified User verified user
    • By OhMyDosh Verified User verified user 3rd Apr 18, 11:22 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    OhMyDosh
    These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?
    Originally posted by tonycottee
    Hi Tony,

As you can see from the articles some of these were in collaboration or sponsored content. However, we did not tell the reviewers what to say in their articles, we simply told them about the site, asked if they were interested in working with us, then let them head off to use the site and come back to us with their reviews. All these bloggers/reviewers have spent years building up their following and reputation therefore would not put their name to something they did not think was a good product or would not be useful for their followers.

In addition to the reviews on our site, we have just started adding member interviews to our blog for users who have already been paid out since joining the site - https://ohmydosh.co.uk/blog

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.

Moneyfacts Awards 2019 Shortlisted:
    Cashback Site Of The Year
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 10th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Netherspark
    I received my first payment of £17.50 a while ago, everything went through just fine. I have another £101 ready to withdraw too!

So everything's looking good so far.
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 18th Aug 18, 8:08 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    OhMyDosh - A New, Easy way to make money!
    I've just signed up to this site called OhMyDosh and you can earn a bit of extra cash really easily and the cashout level is just £10!

If you sign up using the link below, you'll get a £1 bonus [compared to 50p] and, when you cash out, I'll get a fiver!

https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/89874?keyword=referred
    Motorsport Fanatic - Couponer - Comper - Wombler
    • Tombo
    • By Tombo 22nd Aug 18, 12:54 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 800 Thanks
    Tombo
    I've signed up using your link Netherspark!

If anyone would like to sign up to the site using my link then it is: https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/92132?keyword=referred

2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    2018 Wins: Rockstar Energy Drink Headphones
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
    • SmartSh
    • By SmartSh 20th Sep 18, 7:16 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    SmartSh
    PLEASE SIGN UP USING MY LINK - https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/110478?keyword=referred
    • alecchristie888
    • By alecchristie888 28th Sep 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    alecchristie888
    A warning about 20 cogs (sister company of ohmydosh) and offers with Rebel-lotto!

Recently I started completing 20 cogs and have almost got to 20. However, one of the offers I had to complete was a lottery syndicate called Rebel-lotto. It was only £1 for 5 tickets in the euromillions draw, after which it is a subscription of £5 per week, and you could cancel if you gave 48 hrs notice via their online web form. So I did the offer, cancelled almost immediately, got my tickets emailed to me and sent them an email to confirm cancellation. No response. Checked my tickets and I had won a small prize so asked for my winnings. No response. Checked my bank account statement and they had now started taking £5 per week as per the regular subscription. Kept trying to contact them - their only contact is via email (support@rebel-lotto.com) or the webform. No response. Contacted Gambling Commission and asked my bank to stop them debiting my card but can anyone think of anything else I can do? I've also contacted 20 cogs about this but have had no response from them...
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 1st Oct 18, 5:02 AM
    • 5,734 Posts
    • 33,635 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    No need to start new threads if the answer you got was not what you wanted.

Recently I started completing 20 cogs and have almost got to 20. However, one of the offers I had to complete was a lottery syndicate called Rebel-lotto. It was only £1 for 5 tickets in the euromillions draw, after which it is a subscription of £5 per week, and you could cancel if you gave 48 hrs notice via their online web form. So I did the offer, cancelled almost immediately, got my tickets emailed to me and sent them an email to confirm cancellation. No response. Checked my tickets and I had won a tsmall prize so asked for my winnings. No response. Checked my bank account statement and they had now started taking £5 per week as per the regular subscription. Kept trying to contact them - their only contact is via email (support@rebel-lotto.com) or the webform. No response. Contacted Gambling Commission and asked my bank to stop them debiting my card but can anyone think of anything else I can do? I've also contacted 20 cogs about this but have had no response from them...
    Originally posted by alecchristie888
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 20th Dec 18, 2:56 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Netherspark
    After using OhMyDosh for 10 months without problems, I unfortunately have to recind my recommendation for this website as in my view they can no longer be trusted.

I have fulfilled offers as stated in the terms, only to have them deny I even clicked on it. They even rejected my proof of screenshots and emails as it "has not tracked on the system" and they claim the dates on my proof do not match, essentially calling me a liar to my face. They outright deleted two of my tickets on the matter, and the other two were just blunt generic replies which were then locked without allowing me to respond.

Luckily for me it was a 'no spend' offer, but if it had been one of the many offers that require spending money upfront I would now be out of pocket, and essentially told to go f#!k myself.

I was one of OhMyDosh's very first users and was once their top earner. I have personally recieved nearly £400 from their offers, the majority of which required spending money upfront (gambling offers etc). But now I have zero confidence that any further offers will be honoured and I am not going to risk spending another penny.

I'm taking my final cashout and walking away. If you want to keep using them that's up to you, I can only tell you of my experience and my experience is that they cannot be trusted.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 20-12-2018 at 3:06 PM.
    • damcon
    • By damcon 12th Jan 19, 5:19 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    damcon
    Please sign up
    I have been with them for a couple of weeks and cashed out £15 to my bank account and have £12 still pending to pay out.
    Cash out is via BACS or Paypal at £10 +.
    You do surveys, trials and offers.
    For each referral, I get £5 when they reach £10. The person you refer gets £1 in their account to help them start as well.
    I have paid a couple of pounds for some trials and you can cancel before other money is taken.
    There are lots of ways to earn including cashback.
    https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/158825?keyword=referred
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,665Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As normal I am signing off twitter for the weekend - to spend time with mini and Mrs MSE. Hope you have a wonderfu? https://t.co/FG3sRfkIgA

• RT @LauraFrancis9: Top crew! We may film in the freeeeeeeezing cold every week, but this bunch make it fun. (And huge thanks as always to @?

• Turns out this is all Google served. We've been in touch and it's shutting it down which should cut it on many webs? https://t.co/8OYeMjEu4n

• Follow Martin