Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 10th Feb 18, 3:48 AM
    • 23Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Netherspark
    OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:48 AM
    OhMyDosh! Complete offers to earn cash payments 10th Feb 18 at 3:48 AM

https://ohmydosh.co.uk

OhMyDosh! is a new website where you can complete offers, such as surveys, free trials, competitions and more for cash payments. For example sign up for a free Now TV trial and earn £5.

Use my referral link below and you'll recieve an extra £1 bonus: (I receive £5 for each person who joins and reaches £10)

https://ohmydosh.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/629?keyword=referred

Some of the offers can look a little dodgy, and frankly you should always check the terms and conditions of whatever offers you're signing up for, but it's perfectly legitimate and payments are handled within 30-60 days. It's run by the same company as "20 Cogs" and is actually very similar, except you can pick and choose any offers you want. At the end of day it's a neat way to earn a little extra money.

It works more or less the same as any cashback website - they earn a comission for each person they direct to their advertisers and they split that comission with you: https://ohmydosh.co.uk/how-does-it-work

I'm already up to £24.50.

https://twitter.com/ohmydoshuk?lang=en
    https://www.facebook.com/ohmydoshUK/
    https://www.instagram.com/ohmydoshuk/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVotnawtttC_-ZYCdNewOng
    Last edited by Netherspark; 13-02-2018 at 4:43 PM.
Page 1
    • renifer7
    • By renifer7 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    renifer7
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/

Must...remember...cashback......
    • MaxPerwer
    • By MaxPerwer 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    MaxPerwer
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    Thanks for sharing I've already joined otherwise I'd have used your link!
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Netherspark
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 1:19 AM
    Hi,
    Unfortunately my browser says that the connection to the website is not secure hence beware when entering personal details.. :/
    That's odd, try adding an S to the end of HTTP in the referral link. Once you do that your browser should then let you through without any warnings. In fact I've added it to the referral link in the original post.

The site is secure and does use the HTTPS protocol, it just seems that the link left it out for some reason. When you're on the website look up at the address bar, you should see both the padlock symbol and the HTTPS prefix.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 13-02-2018 at 4:44 PM.
    • chalex
    • By chalex 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    chalex
    • 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1st Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    Unfortunately this is run by Submission Technology Ltd, a business who are known to be proponents of ethically questionable incentive websites.

They used to run a site called PaidOffers.co.uk, which received a lot of negative press and a couple of ASA citations for misleading its users. PaidOffers was also a cashback ladder whereby it was next to impossible to actually earn anything. OhMyDosh, as far as I can tell, is exactly the same concept under a new name (PaidOffers is now closed).

See below links for further info:
    theguardian.com/money/2014/aug/22/when-a-cashback-promise-seems-too-good-to-be-true
    asa.org.uk/rulings/submission-technology-ltd-a12-209591.html
    asa.org.uk/rulings/Submission-Technology-Ltd-A14-275680.html

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it normally is!
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Netherspark
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 1:52 PM
    Yes it is run by Submission, but I've not heard of those other websites so I can't really speak about them. There's no difficulty in earning money in OhMyDosh. You just pick an offer, complete the requirements and after a confirmation period get paid. It's fairly similar to their 20 Cogs website, which I personally got £266 from.

Obviously due diligence is always required, but I'm not seeing any bad practices from them so far. Should that change I'll update the thread immediately and warn people to stay away.

I'm up to £76 now and currently waiting for it to clear.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 33,202 Posts
    • 39,150 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:44 PM
    To the company rep who replied, you do not have "company permission to post"

You need to email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com who will either allow you to post or reply on your behalf
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • OhMyDosh
      Verified User verified user
    • By OhMyDosh Verified User verified user 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    OhMyDosh
    • 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    • 26th Mar 18, 3:19 PM
    Hi chalex (and other viewers of this thread),

There was a Twitter account (johnsmi94906218 - which is now closed) Tweeting bloggers and reviewers we have recently worked with addressing the same points within this new post on March 1st, given this Twitter account appeared the same day you posted your message, I am going to make the assumption that you also created the Twitter account. Thankfully, these reviewers (many of whom we have been working with for years) came back and responded to your Tweets to defend us.

Regarding your post, I would also encourage users to view the links above linking to an article written in 2014, an ASA Adjudication from 2013 and one from 2014. These issues were promptly addressed by us over 4 years ago.

OhMyDosh is NOT “exactly the same concept under a new name” as you have stated in your post. If you wish to learn more about how OhMyDosh works, please visit the ‘How It Works’ page (I won’t post a link as I do not want to break any MSE forum rules, but you can find it at the bottom of our offer page).

OhMyDosh has been live for a month and we have already started paying our members who reached the £10 cash out point.

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.

As Netherspark has quite rightly pointed out, Submission Technology also runs 20 Cogs which to date has paid £564,727 to our members in the 2 years we have been live.

chalex, I would encourage you to get in contact with us directly if you wish to discuss OhMyDosh at length to help you get a better understanding of the site. As your post is exactly the same as one you’ve posted in the past on this forum but changed the name to OhMyDosh, I don’t think you have taken the time to research OhMyDosh.

I would not like this thread to turn into a conversation between you and I, as I’m sure the MSE admins would agree, so as I said before I do encourage you to reach out and get in touch.

I am extremely proud of the site we have created and I am keen to clear our name as quickly as possible. I would be more than happy to speak on the phone to you if needed.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • tonycottee
    • By tonycottee 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 2,083 Thanks
    tonycottee
    • 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM
    • 29th Mar 18, 9:38 PM

You can read reviews of OhMyDosh with respected bloggers on our homepage including: Emma Drew, Ashleigh Money Saver, The Mini Millionaire and many more.
    Originally posted by OhMyDosh
    These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?

Here is an unpaid review of OhMyDosh
    Last edited by tonycottee; 15-05-2018 at 4:31 PM.
    • OhMyDosh
      Verified User verified user
    • By OhMyDosh Verified User verified user 3rd Apr 18, 11:22 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    OhMyDosh
    These are top bloggers, but did they review your site off their own back or were they paid?
    Originally posted by tonycottee
    Hi Tony,

As you can see from the articles some of these were in collaboration or sponsored content. However, we did not tell the reviewers what to say in their articles, we simply told them about the site, asked if they were interested in working with us, then let them head off to use the site and come back to us with their reviews. All these bloggers/reviewers have spent years building up their following and reputation therefore would not put their name to something they did not think was a good product or would not be useful for their followers.

In addition to the reviews on our site, we have just started adding member interviews to our blog for users who have already been paid out since joining the site - https://ohmydosh.co.uk/blog

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of OhMyDosh. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Netherspark
    • By Netherspark 10th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Netherspark
    I received my first payment of £17.50 a while ago, everything went through just fine. I have another £101 ready to withdraw too!

So everything's looking good so far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,183Posts Today

6,921Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin