Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 6th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    • 283Posts
    • 152Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Asda to scrap 5p plastic bags
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Asda to scrap 5p plastic bags 6th Feb 18 at 9:59 AM
    Asda has become the latest supermarket to announce it's scrapping 5p plastic bags - and it's making changes to its cafes to reduce the use of plastic there too...
    Read the full story:
    'Asda to scrap 5p plastic bags'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 6th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    WillPS
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:23 PM
    Sainsburys haven't stopped 5p bags.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 6th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 13,081 Posts
    • 41,311 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:36 PM
    Originally posted by WillPS
    Neither has Tesco
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 6th Feb 18, 2:41 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    WillPS
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:41 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 2:41 PM
    Neither has Tesco
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    They dropped them back in August, you can only get 10p bags in store now.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 6th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 13,081 Posts
    • 41,311 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    They dropped them back in August, you can only get 10p bags in store now.
    I paid 5p today ?

Also the online shopping hasn't changed, its still 40p?
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 6th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 1,511 Posts
    • 2,608 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    • 6th Feb 18, 9:23 PM
    I think we should all do a big shop and when we get to the checkout and they refuse to give us free bags we should all leave our shopping
    and walk out.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Feb 18, 6:34 AM
    • 13,081 Posts
    • 41,311 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:34 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:34 AM
    I think we should all do a big shop and when we get to the checkout and they refuse to give us free bags we should all leave our shopping
    and walk out.
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan
    Why should you get free bags?
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 7th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    • 805 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    No but they stopped single-use bags. The 5p bags are now Bags for Life so you can swap them for new when damaged.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 7th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 9,134 Posts
    • 14,067 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:05 AM
    and walk out.
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan
    Very sad. .
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,201Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin