Recommendations please for fitness tracker

Options
I used to have a fitness tracker but it had a screen that was difficult to read without glasses on. As it has now broke and I want to replace it, can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that has a clear screen for viewing the time as well as recording steps, sleep etc .
Thank you .

Comments

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My OH bought me a Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and I have to say I really do like it. I still wear a watch as well, but I'm a bit weird like that. ;)

I'd have thought if you went somewhere like Currys, you'd be able to see a display of them before buying one.
  • BananaRepublic
    Options
    Apple Watch is excellent. But you need an iPhone. And it's not cheap.
  • mprincessa
    Options
    I just bought Fitbit Alta HR and would definitely recommend it. It's quite small though so if you prefer bigger screen I think Fitbit Charge 2 would be good choice as when I was reading reviews prior to purchase this was recommended the most. Hope it helps :)
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Why is nobody these days capable of exercising without a "tracker"?
  • BananaRepublic
    Options
    Why is nobody these days capable of exercising without a "tracker"?

I regularly ran cross country for several decades without a tracker. A few months ago I bought my Apple Watch. Is it essential? No. Is it useful? Yes. I can set a timer so I know how long I!!!8217;ve been on ice, I have an activity monitor which estimates exertion. So I can see how much effort I put in during a hockey game. And I can track my heart rate, and check for oddities. I now know it goes down to 32 BPM during the day. And when I cook I can set a stop watch when cooking rice, or activating yeast. I can set an alarm so I do not miss an appointment. So in short, it!!!8217;s nice but not essential. However, I did need a new watch, and the Apple Watch is not bad value for what it is. And it!!!8217;s well designed.
  • Jaymie_kate
    Options
    Get a Garmin sports watch. It's a little pricey but I think there are a variety of models you can choose from. I have one from last year given by my dh as birthday present.
  • mickeymouse303
    Options
    I'd also recommend the Fitbit Charge 2 - the screen is a decent size. You can also record your steps, sleep, heart rate etc. I think it was the newest model when I bought it so you can prob get it for less than £100 now.
  • BrookesAndrew
    Options
    If you have an iPhone then an Apple watch is really good.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit Charge HR.......hopeless! Now on my 3rd replacement, 1st for screen crazing, and other 2 for strap 'peeling'. Always have problems with 'sleep' syncing too. :(
  • rhino_horn
    rhino_horn Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've got a fitbit blaze. Had it nearly 2 years now. Still going strong.

Have to take calories and steps with a slight pinch of salt but it gives you a general idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure