Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • benny123
    • By benny123 31st Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 164Posts
    • 112Thanks
    benny123
    Recommendations please for fitness tracker
    • 31st Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    Recommendations please for fitness tracker 31st Jan 18 at 6:49 PM
    I used to have a fitness tracker but it had a screen that was difficult to read without glasses on. As it has now broke and I want to replace it, can anyone recommend a fitness tracker that has a clear screen for viewing the time as well as recording steps, sleep etc .
    Thank you .
Page 1
    • DD265
    • By DD265 5th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,310 Posts
    • 3,208 Thanks
    DD265
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 6:12 PM
    My OH bought me a Fitbit Charge 2 for Christmas and I have to say I really do like it. I still wear a watch as well, but I'm a bit weird like that.

I'd have thought if you went somewhere like Currys, you'd be able to see a display of them before buying one.
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 7th Feb 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:05 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:05 PM
    Apple Watch is excellent. But you need an iPhone. And it's not cheap.
    • mprincessa
    • By mprincessa 9th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 579 Thanks
    mprincessa
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    I just bought Fitbit Alta HR and would definitely recommend it. It's quite small though so if you prefer bigger screen I think Fitbit Charge 2 would be good choice as when I was reading reviews prior to purchase this was recommended the most. Hope it helps
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 10th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 1,401 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    Why is nobody these days capable of exercising without a "tracker"?
    • BananaRepublic
    • By BananaRepublic 10th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 871 Thanks
    BananaRepublic
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    Why is nobody these days capable of exercising without a "tracker"?
    Originally posted by parking_question_chap
    I regularly ran cross country for several decades without a tracker. A few months ago I bought my Apple Watch. Is it essential? No. Is it useful? Yes. I can set a timer so I know how long I!!!8217;ve been on ice, I have an activity monitor which estimates exertion. So I can see how much effort I put in during a hockey game. And I can track my heart rate, and check for oddities. I now know it goes down to 32 BPM during the day. And when I cook I can set a stop watch when cooking rice, or activating yeast. I can set an alarm so I do not miss an appointment. So in short, it!!!8217;s nice but not essential. However, I did need a new watch, and the Apple Watch is not bad value for what it is. And it!!!8217;s well designed.
    • Jaymie kate
    • By Jaymie kate 20th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Jaymie kate
    • 20th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    • 20th Feb 18, 2:37 PM
    Get a Garmin sports watch. It's a little pricey but I think there are a variety of models you can choose from. I have one from last year given by my dh as birthday present.
    • mickeymouse303
    • By mickeymouse303 22nd Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 1,208 Thanks
    mickeymouse303
    • 22nd Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 5:00 PM
    I'd also recommend the Fitbit Charge 2 - the screen is a decent size. You can also record your steps, sleep, heart rate etc. I think it was the newest model when I bought it so you can prob get it for less than £100 now.
    • BrookesAndrew
    • By BrookesAndrew 1st Mar 18, 12:19 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    BrookesAndrew
    • 1st Mar 18, 12:19 PM
    • 1st Mar 18, 12:19 PM
    If you have an iPhone then an Apple watch is really good.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 1st Mar 18, 1:17 PM
    • 5,656 Posts
    • 24,388 Thanks
    Mirů
    I bought a Fitbit Charge HR.......hopeless! Now on my 3rd replacement, 1st for screen crazing, and other 2 for strap 'peeling'. Always have problems with 'sleep' syncing too.
    Earth cannot be flat...if it was cats would have knocked everything off by now
    • rhino horn
    • By rhino horn 2nd Mar 18, 7:53 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    rhino horn
    I've got a fitbit blaze. Had it nearly 2 years now. Still going strong.

Have to take calories and steps with a slight pinch of salt but it gives you a general idea.
    • johncas1
    • By johncas1 2nd Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    johncas1
    Depends on what you want it to do and how much you want to spend now I have the fitbit surge as it has built in gps to track my walks and a built in heart rate monitor the cheaper fitbits like the charge 2 have heart rate built in but for gps you need your phone is uses the gps from your phone so if you want a watch for tracking walking and running and dont want to bring your phone along go for a tomtom or Garmin or the latest fitbit ionic or anything with built in gps which dose it all or if your just want to track steps calleries and gym workouts then say a fitbit charge 2 or alta HR will do and there a bit cheaper

The lasest firbits have colour screens so are easy to read I find dont go for the apple watch thats a smart watch with fitness tracking built in just go for a fitness tracker
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

618Posts Today

5,724Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin