Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Heidi01143
    • By Heidi01143 11th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Heidi01143
    Will being a student affect my remortgage later
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    Will being a student affect my remortgage later 11th Jan 18 at 8:26 PM
    Hey. Thanks for taking time to read and trying to help.

My partner and I bought our home in Nov 2016. We are fixed until this November. We always assumed we would remortgage and try get a better deal.

I want to enrol to start teaching training this year, in September. Which would mean quitting my job. Getting a student loan and using that as my income for the year. The course lasts 3 years.

What do we do? Try remortgage in November on just my partners wage? Not remortgage and hope rates are low? Wait to enroll? If so when is the best time to get the best deal regarding remortgage? Any other options?
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 11th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 10,567 Posts
    • 4,177 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:22 PM
    Your current Lender will most likely be offering you new options going forward without worrying about your income.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 11th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 9,915 Posts
    • 5,336 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    So have a look on your lenders website for New deals for existing customers.
    They will do a desktop valuation of your home and you can apply online to PICK a new deal.
    As long as you are not changing the term or increasing the borrowing and You pick the deal without advice you won't have an credit checks
    Maybe a 3/5 year fix ????
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

112Posts Today

1,935Users online

Martin's Twitter