Mortgage with dependants

Hi

I need to remortgage later this year and this will include hopefully borrowing more money. I live with my partner (soon to be fianc!) and our 9 month old baby.

The house is soley in my name and the application would be based on me alone but I was just wondering if anyone could reassure me(or not) that I would be able to borrow the require funds.

Salary: £32k
House Value: £180-200k
Mortgage at redemptation date: £120k
Remortgage amount requesting : £128.5k
No CC debt

Currently with Nationwide and I have been assuming id be able to apply for one of there 5 year deals no problem, but would like some kind of censuses weather that is likely.

Thanks in advance
S
Scoops :)

Comments

• YHM
    YHM Posts: 650 Forumite
    Should be fine, subject to an affordability assessment.

Nationwide arent particularly competitive with rates, so would recommend reviewing the market with a broker
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
  • scoops82
    scoops82 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For a fee free mortgage too? With a LTV of say under 75% - what is likely?

Nationwide are currently 2.14%
  • YHM
    I cannot name names on here, but all I can say is there are quite a few other lenders that are cheaper.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
  • scoops82
    scoops82 Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thanks - I understand you cant name names. I did use a fee free broker so maybe I need spend some money on advice next time.

I also have another property which currently has CTL on it.
    Value £90-95k
    O/S Mortgage = £70k

Would this rule of some of those lenders?

How much does an advisor cost?
  • YHM
    Potentially, as some lenders will account for the mortgage if its only on a CTL not a BTL.

Variety of fees. I know of Fee Free brokers and I know of brokers that charge £999. Maybe best to speak to friends and family see if they know of any local reputable ones.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure