Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KB2018
    • By KB2018 8th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KB2018
    Advice please
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    Advice please 8th Jan 18 at 8:20 PM
    Hello

I have inherited a property worth 430K with no mortgage.
    I need to get a mortgage out on it for 100K
    I have a poor credit score due just to being in debt. Around 12K. And a couple of defaults over 5 years ago. And a couple of missed payments 2 years ago.
    I have an income of 33K a year.
    Am i likely to get a mortgage? I am obviously going to go to an adverse credit broker however i am losing sleep worrying i am wasting time and money. Any advice is much appreciated
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 8th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 17,039 Posts
    • 8,925 Thanks
    ACG
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:01 PM
    Should be fine, the adverse is quite old and the LTV is quite low so there should be options at decent rates.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • KB2018
    • By KB2018 8th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KB2018
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:23 PM
    Thanks for your reply, even though i am in 12K debt do you not think this will be a problem?
    • ACG
    • By ACG 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 17,039 Posts
    • 8,925 Thanks
    ACG
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    Having debt is not a problem providing it is manageable and you are keeping up repayments on time.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 32,192 Posts
    • 19,348 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    What you need to do is understand if you can afford the mortgage given you needed more money than you earned in the past.

Has enough changed to make it affordable.

Do you really need 100k(88k after the debt) immediately.

Even with good rates that's 150pm in interest which may not all be need to be paying if you can phase the borrowings

It is a lot easier to sell the affordability story if you believe it and have already have a robust budget.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,086Posts Today

7,660Users online

Martin's Twitter