Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • M_CP
    • By M_CP 8th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mortgage Application- (Awaiting for the offer)
    • #1
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    Mortgage Application- (Awaiting for the offer) 8th Jan 18 at 10:43 AM

    Let me tell you about my partner and Iís situation. We are both first time buyers and in our early twenties. We decided to go for a share ownership property as our combined income doesnít allowed us to go for a full value property.

    Here is a bit of background about us, Iím from Spain and I have only lived in the UK for a year and 9 months that means that I donít have a three year credit history file as before I moved here I didnít have any type of bank account. On the other hand, my partner is British and has a good credit history but his salary doesnít allowed him to take the mortgage by himself (nor do I want that).

    Anyways, our journey began In October last year. We had found this property that we really wanted, so we contacted Grand Union and reserved it (at this point we didnít know if we could get a mortgage). Then we went to see our Mortgage broker for the first time, thatís where all the stress began, after finding out that we were only meeting the criteria of three lenders and only one of them decided to give us an AIP with the condition that an indemnity clause was included within the lease agreement. Long story short, Grand union took ages to hand this over, then the following problem was that based on the floor plan that we wanted, Grand Union had allocated to us the wrong flat which delayed the mortgage application (this was at the beginning of December), after this was solved, my broker finally sent our mortgage application on the 18th December. After that, Christmas and New years were on the way so everything got delayed again. Finally, last week I contacted me broker to see how everything was going, only for him to tell me that Grand Union once again are being useless , it seems that the site manager hasnít come back to the lender to book the survey.

    So today 8th January, We still havenít got the mortgage offer (We were told that we should be in by the end of January) and we donít know what will happen. I mean my broker said that lender is satisfied with our profile in terms of income, credit history and everything else. I donít know what to think or feel at this point in time, I just want this to be over. Any advice? Or similar experiences (did they said no to you)?

    The thing is that if they come back with a negative answer, we will have to wait until I have been here for at least 2 years or Iím 21 (both will happen in March this year) or we have 10% deposit. So we will have to wait until March to start all this process again, and we with our living arrangements (living with his mum and sister) waiting this long seems to be like hell
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,178Posts Today

7,590Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke?

  • No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr?

  • Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R?

  • Follow Martin