Filing company accounts for share of freehold

Hi,

My neighbour and i bought a share of freehold last year. We set up a company to own the freehold. We are the only owners, do not have any ground rent or maintenance the company just owns the freehold.

I understand we need to file accounts with companies house and cannot do that as a dormant company because of the purchase of freehold.

Is filing company accounts something we can file ourselves or need an accountant for? If an accountant what would be the best way to find an accountant that can manage this for us?

Thanks

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    pred02 wrote: »
    Hi,

My neighbour and i bought a share of freehold last year. We set up a company to own the freehold. We are the only owners, do not have any ground rent or maintenance the company just owns the freehold.

I understand we need to file accounts with companies house and cannot do that as a dormant company because of the purchase of freehold.

Is filing company accounts something we can file ourselves or need an accountant for? If an accountant what would be the best way to find an accountant that can manage this for us?

Thanks

You can do it yourself. But you also need to file for Corporation Tax as well. You can do both at the same time.

https://www.gov.uk/file-your-company-accounts-and-tax-return

Whether you should do it yourself is another question. I'd guess that if the purchase of the freehold is all there is, it shouldn't be that difficult to produce some accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure