Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pred02
    • By pred02 8th Jan 18, 12:22 AM
    • 70Posts
    • 2Thanks
    pred02
    Filing company accounts for share of freehold
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:22 AM
    Filing company accounts for share of freehold 8th Jan 18 at 12:22 AM
    Hi,

My neighbour and i bought a share of freehold last year. We set up a company to own the freehold. We are the only owners, do not have any ground rent or maintenance the company just owns the freehold.

I understand we need to file accounts with companies house and cannot do that as a dormant company because of the purchase of freehold.

Is filing company accounts something we can file ourselves or need an accountant for? If an accountant what would be the best way to find an accountant that can manage this for us?

Thanks
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 8th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    • 15,668 Posts
    • 22,323 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:32 AM
    Hi,

My neighbour and i bought a share of freehold last year. We set up a company to own the freehold. We are the only owners, do not have any ground rent or maintenance the company just owns the freehold.

I understand we need to file accounts with companies house and cannot do that as a dormant company because of the purchase of freehold.

Is filing company accounts something we can file ourselves or need an accountant for? If an accountant what would be the best way to find an accountant that can manage this for us?

Thanks
    Originally posted by pred02
    You can do it yourself. But you also need to file for Corporation Tax as well. You can do both at the same time.

https://www.gov.uk/file-your-company-accounts-and-tax-return

Whether you should do it yourself is another question. I'd guess that if the purchase of the freehold is all there is, it shouldn't be that difficult to produce some accounts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

891Posts Today

6,418Users online

Martin's Twitter