Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mudgekin
    • By mudgekin 31st Dec 17, 12:11 AM
    • 497Posts
    • 2,847Thanks
    mudgekin
    Moving from Glasgow to Borders
    • 31st Dec 17, 12:11 AM
    Moving from Glasgow to Borders 31st Dec 17 at 12:11 AM
    Hi

We have just bid on a property in the Borders and we are looking for a reputable, reliable removal company who can do a full pack and unpack service and who have decent reviews.

Iíve been ploughing through all sorts of companies and Iím at the end of my tether. We are both disabled and are moving from an 1st floor upstairs flat to a ground floor. Reliability is key here because of our disabilities. I suppose if all else fails there is always Pickfords but iirc they were extortionate last time.

Any help gratefully received.
Page 1
    • NCC-1707
    • By NCC-1707 31st Dec 17, 1:37 AM
    • 202 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    NCC-1707
    • 31st Dec 17, 1:37 AM
    • 31st Dec 17, 1:37 AM
    So you now have managed to sell...why haven't you updated your previous thread?
    • mudgekin
    • By mudgekin 31st Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 497 Posts
    • 2,847 Thanks
    mudgekin
    • 31st Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    So you now have managed to sell...why haven't you updated your previous thread?
    Originally posted by NCC-1707
    Does it offend you that I forgot to do this and that perhaps due to my disability I may have memory problems? If it bothers you so much feel free to update it with a link to this thread.

I havenít sold my previous property. We are lucky to be mortgage free so have the luxury of not needing 2 mortgages. The one we have bid on is shared ownership. Iím hoping to sell back to the local council as my property is ex council stock and our council has a buy back scheme. They wonít even start any process till the property is empty. Catch 22.

Why on earth am I explaining myself. I asked a simple question re removal companies which has absolutly nothing to do with any other thread.
    • Wee Pilsbury
    • By Wee Pilsbury 6th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 2,133 Thanks
    Wee Pilsbury
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    • 6th Apr 18, 7:58 PM
    I have used Glasgow Removals a few times and found them very good and not too dear.
    DFW Nerd Club # 1364
    • H1a3rt
    • By H1a3rt 16th Apr 18, 12:53 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    H1a3rt
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:53 PM
    • 16th Apr 18, 12:53 PM
    Mcclellands are very good. Have used them in a business environment and they are very good. All the removal guys who show up are very friendly and professional.
    http://www.mcclellandremovals.co.uk/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,327Posts Today

8,581Users online

Martin's Twitter