Moving from Glasgow to Borders

Hi

We have just bid on a property in the Borders and we are looking for a reputable, reliable removal company who can do a full pack and unpack service and who have decent reviews.

I’ve been ploughing through all sorts of companies and I’m at the end of my tether. We are both disabled and are moving from an 1st floor upstairs flat to a ground floor. Reliability is key here because of our disabilities. I suppose if all else fails there is always Pickfords but iirc they were extortionate last time.

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    So you now have managed to sell...why haven't you updated your previous thread?
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    NCC-1707 wrote: »
    So you now have managed to sell...why haven't you updated your previous thread?

Does it offend you that I forgot to do this and that perhaps due to my disability I may have memory problems? If it bothers you so much feel free to update it with a link to this thread.

I haven’t sold my previous property. We are lucky to be mortgage free so have the luxury of not needing 2 mortgages. The one we have bid on is shared ownership. I’m hoping to sell back to the local council as my property is ex council stock and our council has a buy back scheme. They won’t even start any process till the property is empty. Catch 22.

Why on earth am I explaining myself. I asked a simple question re removal companies which has absolutly nothing to do with any other thread.
  • Wee_Pilsbury
    Wee_Pilsbury Posts: 368 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    I have used Glasgow Removals a few times and found them very good and not too dear.
    DFW Nerd Club # 1364
  • H1a3rt
    H1a3rt Posts: 30 Forumite
    Mcclellands are very good. Have used them in a business environment and they are very good. All the removal guys who show up are very friendly and professional.
    http://www.mcclellandremovals.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport