Credit Report and CCJs

Options
Heĺlo all,

A simple question I hope - would the CCJ in my credit report be separate to the financial accounts or inclusive?

Basically I'm trying to work out the total I owe and I'm not sure whether I need to add the CCJ amount to the total or not.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi lurke

Good question.

There isn't a definitive all-purposes answer, however. The CCJ could be for a debt that was not reported to the credit agency in the first place e.g. a sum owed to an individual or a vet bill, for example.

You will need to establish the fuller details of the CCJ in order to match it up against anything listed in the "credit accounts" section of your credit report. If there is a match, the amount owed on the CCJ - as opposed to whatever balance shows on the equivalent credit account - is the amount you should go with in the context of any applications you make for bankruptcy/Debt Relief Orders etc.

I hope that makes things a little clearer. If not, please come back.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure