Who Made The Rules?

I've been a member of MSE for donkeys and used the comps board for many years, firstly under a different name but I started a new account as it was too recognisable.

I was just wondering, how did the heading rules come about, you know the E:, it's a great way to keep the board in order but I wondered if anyone could remember.

I do remember the thanks and x button coming into force, I wonder how I ever managed without them.

Ms C x
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks. I know why we do it, just wondered who thought of it, before we had the E:'s was it just a free forall.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I do remember reading these ones from Diva years ago but how
    it all came about for the E: date i'm not sure!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=659170&postcount=2
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=13803533&postcount=4
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    gosh, reading through thread talk about a trip down
    memory lane :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It used to be that we had a volunteer who would go through and list all the comps ending the next day on one thread. As you can imagine that was a hell of a lot of work for some people and it wasn't always appreciated so i think thats why the e: rule was brought in to make it easier for people to sort through and organise comps themselves
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    Yup, read the thread posted by mjm. You'll get the answers to your questions from that thread.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I miss the chat there used to be - now you get shouted at for daring to comment and bump a thread. I know there's compers corner but it's not the same.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure