Lowells: Should I call Them?

Options
Hi guys, please could someone help me.

Recently I received a letter from Lowells regarding a debt with Three, I'd had letters from Lowells before but I ignored them - they have found my new address now.

The letter says if I pay right now they will drop my debt from £360 to £90. This sounds amazing but I'm scared that if I call them they will pull up a load of old debts and I will become overwhelmed.

I have several debts with them (I know this as I used to get the letters) maybe totalling £2,000 - however, I've only received 1 letter currently.

I would love to get on top of my debts now, I'm 31 and my credit score is poor due to being silly when I was younger.

I have a court judgement of £2,500 on my credit record from 2012 - this was never faced.

Just to add I'm a student and I have no family to help me, I would like to get all this fixed.
Sorry for that overload of information.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Kerance and welcome to the forum.

In the nicest possible way, I think you are asking the wrong question here.

Knowing the full extent of any debts you owe can only help you be better informed to then choose the best way of dealing with them.

You may be able to get all the information you need by getting a copy of your credit report from the likes of Experian and/or Equifax. This ought to show details of your full credit history going back six years, rather than you trying to gather this info in piecemeal fashion from individual creditors.

Bear in mind too that Lowell may have sold on some of the debts they previously held for you since those letters you referred to. It's commonplace for such debts to change hands as they get older.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure